Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm a New Mommy!

Okay, before y'all freak out and think i'm preggers or something, here's what I mean:


I got a puppy this past Saturday. Her name is Bella (which, apparently, is the name of every other dog in the world, GAH). She's a toy poodle, apricot/cream color, 8 weeks old, and the fiestiest 3 pound ball of fur you'll ever meet. I never knew how much of a "mommy" I'd feel like until I got her. See, my family had a poodle from when I was about 5 until I was about 19. She then passed away, but we had gotten another poodle in the meantime, so I've never really been without a doggie. However, these dogs have always been primarily my mom's dogs, as she was the one who took care of them the most. Having my own puppy, having something that looks at you and you alone for their well-being, is HUGE and scary. When I had to leave her at home for the first time on Monday, I couldn't eat and was sick the whole time because I missed her, I felt guilty for leaving her because I knew she was scared, and I was scared that she'd get into something that would hurt her. She survived her first day of me being at work, and hopefully with time, she'll realize that although I have to go, I'll always come back.

She's a little ankle biter, always chewing on something (mostly my toes) and let me tell you--those puppy teeth are SHARP! She is wonderful, though, very smart, and I can tell she's going to be a wonderful companion for me for a very long time. I'm already spoiling her and being *that* dog owner (with the car seat and the carrying purse...), but I wouldn't have it any other way. After all, to me, she's not a dog. She's my child!

So, here are a few more pictures for your enjoyment! Feel free to "oooh" and "ahhh" as you please.


Insignificance Conveyed @ 7:14 AM   3 GabbyGabbers

3 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Tim-tambolini "told me"

Congratulation! I too have become a new Mommy to the doggie kind. They sure do bring a lot of sunshine to one's life! I'm a huge dog lover...would have to be in my profession.

So, how come no pictures of you and Huw??

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

She's so cute! even if I'm not usually fond of poodles. I can't wait to meet her...shall I bring some gourmet food, too, for your child?

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Laurie "told me"

Congrats on the new puppy. I never realized until I got my Lucy that having a dog by yourself is hard work. It's like having a baby. When I started dating my boyfriend, he said it felt like he was dating a single mom. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home