Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Claim to Fame

My mom has been told that she looks like Reba McEntire.

My daddy has been told he looks like a mixture of The Fonz and Elvis.

My sister (sadly) has been told she looks like Tonya Harding.

My brother-in-law bears a striking resemblence to Troy Aikman.

I have a cousin that looks like Elizabeth Shue, and she is married to a guy that looks like Ben Affleck.

I think my boyfriend looks like Guillaume Canet. Sigh.

I've been likened to Martina McBride, Larisa Oleynik, Katie Holmes (save me, Tom Cruise, with your witchcraft!) and most often, Avril Lavigne...lots.

And lots.
I'm telling you...
I get it all the time.
Which I take as a compliment because I think she's pretty.

And I'm not saying this to gloat, if that's what it seems like. I can remember sitting on my coffee table watching this video for this new artist, Avril Lavigne, thinking "Gosh, she looks a lot like someone I know...hey wait, she looks like ME!" And then it started. I'd get it in restaurants, clothing stores, school...my ex-boyfriend even took me to a concert of hers and I got mistaken for her SO many times!! I thought about sneaking into her trailer to get to her guitarist because I thought he was SUPER hot, but figured that'd be a bad idea as soon as I got found out. Since she went blonde, I get it less and less, but lo and behold, someone made a comment on a picture I have somewhere saying I had a striking resemblence to her. Go figure.

Hey, I'm stoked about it.

So, dear readers, who do YOU look like?

Insignificance Conveyed @ 2:38 PM   12 GabbyGabbers

12 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 4:38 PM, Blogger anna "told me"

I look like a person trying to download the Avril pic. Why no work for meee?

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

They should be working now, Nanners.

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Someone I play football with has taken to calling me Barney. I think this a reference to Rubble rather than me looking like a pink dinosaur. Although our first touch is probably similar.

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

The Avril comparisons must originate from the hair and your height?! And why can't Avril look like YOU, huh?

I get Buzz Lightyear, all the time. It gets pointed out in public and people go "Oh yeah! He IS Buzz!!". It's kind of annoying!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Annie Rhiannon "told me"

I was once compared to Sigourney Weaver in Alien.

I'd like to see a picture of you next to a pic of Avril, with the headline "Seperated at Birth!" like they do in the gossip magazines, and your names switched around.

Ta.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

I've been told I look like Darren "Sicknote" Anderton, a footballer reknown here in England for playing about 3 matches then getting injured and having 2 years off at a time.

On a more positive note, some people say I look a bit like Hugh Grant. I'll let you decide for yourself. Photos of me can be found at Http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gamestuff/heroclx2.htm or at as above but without the 2.

The best ones are on the reports for the sinister marquee (2nd picture. Guy in cream top looking miffed), Sinister pre-release (2nd picture, guy in blue shirt) and Rookie rumble (1st picture).

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Tim-tambolini "told me"

I have been told I look like Michelle Pfeifer quite often, but only when I've got my "going-out" face on (as I never wear makeup anymore). I've also been told I look like Rene Russo, but she's starting to look old now so I don't get a kick out of that comparision.

And yes, you should feel good about looking similar to Avril...she is cute AND Canadian!!

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

I don't know who Guillaume Canet is, but dang, he totally looks like Huw!

I don't think I look like anyone famous. And I don't think (or can't remember if) anyone has told me that I do. Which, in effect, means I'm original, unique, and one-of-a-kind!

Right? ;)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Lauren: my attempts at beard growing are a lot less wispy than those of that Frenchie. Zoot Alors! etc

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

Wowsers, had to google Guillaume Canet as the likness is frankly remarkable. I remember Huw once drunkenly asking me 'Chris, d'you reckon I look like that Ryan Phillipe?'
I have never been likened to any one individual. Though the persistent 'Bear' similarity has been frequently noticed.. (lumbering, slow, occasionally grumpy and even sweet)

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Chris: It was being pointed out to me a lot back then in my late teens, and I needed your opinion. The voice of reason. "No," you said (and probably farted at me). Ryan and I have diverged as we have hit our mid 20s now.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Would this be the Avid Meirion bear?

"Oh look, my tails growing! How naughty!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home