Monday, July 24, 2006

Nagging and Butterflies*

I'd like to say I'm writing this to convey some important self-discovery, but really, this is just to get Curly off my back**.

Things have been really crazy in my life lately, stories could formulate very easily about what I'm facing now, but I'm not sure if A.) I want to get that personal on a blog and B.) If I do, whether it's the right time or not.

All I've really got is this observation. Freaking. Butterflies. Everywhere. Seriously, they should be on that Discovery Channel show "Swarms". I've never seen so many. But it's not like they're these beautiful Monarch butterflies or exotic species, no. They're like the unimpressive, daytime moth.

I know that this may be their "hatching" time, but it's crazy. Is anyone else experiencing this in any other part of the US? I was driving the other day with my mom, and I seriously was about to cry because there was no way I could avoid them on the highway. Mom just laughed at me as I screamed at them "STOP HITTING MY WINDSHIELD, FLY AWAY FROM IT, GEEEEZ!" By the time we got to our destination, it was like someone shot my windshield with grey painball pellets. And my windshield wiper fluid dispenser hasn't worked for quite some time. Very sad and a little bit traumatic. I felt like a butterfly murderer. PETA would have a field day.

Anyway, these butterflies are EVERYWHERE. They hide in bushes and amBUSH (ha!) you when you walk by. They fly into your car when you open your door and you nearly fender-bender it trying to get the damn thing out of your window. Somehow, I bet, it's tied into global warming. Everything is nowadays.

So, that was my observation.


*Yes, I edited. I can because it's my blog.
**You know I love when you nag me, Curly, just like you love when I threaten you.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 9:02 PM   8 GabbyGabbers

8 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 2:44 AM, Blogger Dancinfairy "told me"

Your comment tennis on Huw's site was so sweet. You two are so sweet!

Nice to see a post from you again :o)

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

That's more like it L!

Huw always amazes me with his command of the English language, although I'm convinced that he just picks five random words out of a dictionary and tries to incorparate them into his post that day....

Have you managed to pronounce 'Huw' properly now? I find 'Huw' much easier to pronounce that 'Hugh', that's far to much effort!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Jona "told me"

More butterflies mean the birds will be happy, and they're a joy too (this is how I have to look at things ;o))

Good to see you posting, and I hope this isn't a one off! (says she who barely writes anymore)

So what is the correct way to pronounce Huw? I pronounce is the same way as Hugh, but now I'm wondering...

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

Good to see someone else notiuced this increase in the amount of annoying flying things. Here in Middlesbrough there's like a 500% increase in wasps, bees and other flying nuisances.

I was beginning to think it was just me being more observant.

 
At 3:24 AM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

And there getting bigger! The bee in my bus stop this morning was absolutely massive! Like 3 bees joined together!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Tim-tambolini "told me"

I'd rather have ugly butterflies than teridactle-sized mostquitos swarming around my head!

Glad to see you posting...please, don't neglect us!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

Those butterfly/moth creatures are probably the adult version of those damn green worm larvae that hang from the trees in March and April. I hate those things. I haven't seen them here so far, but there is a certain bug they call the Palmetto Bug, which I haven't seen yet, but is apparently what we Texans call a cockroach. . .though the Palmetto Bug is a flying cockroach.

EEEEEEEK!

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Kuntry Konfession "told me"

glad to hear that someone else freaks out about those butterflies smashing into window

 

Post a Comment

<< Home