Friday, May 19, 2006

A Lot More Candles Than Before

Yesterday was my birthday. Although I *do* believe at times that the world does revolve around me, I couldn't bring myself to post about my special day yesterday.

I've never really been shaken by a birthday before, I actually really look foward to them. However, yesterday I was hit with the fact that the 18-24 age demographic that is referenced so much in daily consumer life no longer applies to me. And I felt old.

This feeling was overshadowed though, by this sense of excitement that has been hovering over me for a while. I really feel like this is the year where so many life-changing events are going to happen. I can't wait to see what unfolds, and where I am in my life a year from now.

I guess there's no better way to kick of my quarter-century birthday than by taking a trip to London. Remember what I said about those life-changing events? Well, they're beginning already! I leave a week from today. Around this time in a week, I will be sitting in my hair dresser's chair, chatting to her about how I'm going to spend the best two weeks of my life with the best guy I've ever known as she wraps my incredibly long hair into little foil folds. And my heart will be beating quickly, palms sweaty, and body shaking with anticipation.

I have *so* many things to do before I go, and really not enough time to do them in. I'm very much the kind of person that doesn't like to prepare things too far in advance, just to wait around for whatever it is I've gotten ready for to come. This was often the cause of my parent's grief with me when it came time for holidays and events--I was always the one making them a few minutes late because I refused to sit around in my nice clothes, hair and makeup done. I apparently have not defeated this habit, and have chosen to do my last-minute shopping at the very. last. minute.

To complicate things, I have decided to throw in a "weekend before I leave/birthday weekend" trip to Dallas to visit Nic. Now, when I thought about this 2 and a half weeks ago, it seemed like a GREAT idea; after all, I'd be getting one more weekend out of the way before I got to leave for London, it would be a smart and fun way to pass the time. However, as I sit here now and thing about all the undone bits and pieces I have yet to take care of, I'm thinking to myself "EEEk, was scheduling this trip the WEEKEND BEFORE I leave for London the most intelligent idea?" (Now, Nic, I *do* want to go, don't get me wrong. Just don't let me freak out about how unprepared I am for this trip).

So, there you have it. I'm not sure if I'll get to post before I go, so if not, either look for a "Hey, I'm posting from LONDON" entry, or one upon my arrival back to the States.

Happy Birthday to me!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 6:49 AM   8 GabbyGabbers

8 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 8:06 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

I swear I wrote that b'day email before I read this post! and I'm gonna use your blog to clear myself.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Dancinfairy "told me"

Happy Birthday for then!

Have a fabulous time in London and anywhere else that the loverly Huw takes you.

I will have a word with the weather because it is abismal at the moment!

 
At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Nic "told me"

Spending the weekend with some of your best girl friends is probably the *most* intelligent thing you could do before leaving the States for 2 weeks (possibly forever)!! I'm so excited you're coming - thanks for taking some time in the midst of all the craziness to hang out with your old friend Nic. :)

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Tim-tambolini "told me"

Have a great trip...and please, please don't tell me you feel old at your age. I jumped another demographic age category a couple years ago. I actually have to think about it every time I fill something out...that's how quickly the time passes. I can't even remember how old I am. A word of advice...don't waste time and go with your heart and gutt.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Look on the bright side, you'll never be as young again ;o) Sorry. You probably hate that. Hope you had a good birthday!

Only a week??! Where has the year gone? Hope time slows down (for us all!) and you have a wonderful trip :o)

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie "told me"

Have an amazing time here in London. As Fairy said, the weather is rubbish, but I'm sure you'll be too excited to notice.

Good luck in all your preparations.

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

Have a BLAST, Twinster! Love ya lots.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

I've already said Happy Birthday haven't? Well, I'll wish you happy birthday here gain incase your readers think I'm a bit of a twerp not saying it...

That coutdown timer is getting pretty low huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home