Sunday, April 30, 2006

Three Weeks

If I can just make it through three insignificant weeks, then I'll be alright. That's what I keep telling myself.

With Huw on tour this weekend, I was left with a few emails here and there and some nice phone calls which, I'm sure, will cost him a pretty penny*. Although I love the fact that we haven't let one day pass since we've been together in which we don't communicate with each other in some way, it's always tough when I can't "see" or "talk" to him like I'm used to.

I'm not sure if any of you have noticed recently (why would you with the huge gap in my postings), but we're down to LESS THAN 30 DAYS before I'm on my London in May adventure. And knowing that Huw hasn't broken any bones from his Barcelona Adventures** relieves me a bit, so it's all downhill from here.

The only thing is, even though I know I have a mere 3 weeks to go before I get to see him, I know that these are going to be the 3 most stressful weeks I've had in a while. Since I manage a project, I have to make sure that everything is right with it, along with the 2 other projects I'm on, before I can breathe easy when I step on that airplane. I guess the only thing that really keeps me going is the fact that my ticket is non-refundable, that I've already been approved for the vacation request, and that no matter what, I'm getting on that airplane. Data submission be damned.

Being a real grown up has its perks, but sometimes it can be a real pain in the ass. I understand that in the times we live in now, money makes the world go round and there's nothing I can really do about that. But I am so scared that I am becoming one of those people that works constantly--in the shower, on the weekend, just before I fall asleep at night--I keep myself awake thinking "Did I remember to..." and "What if I need to...". I sometimes feel like there just isn't enough room in my head to remember all the things I need to. Whilst I'm jamming my brain with work-related bits and pieces, I feel like I'm forgetting important activities in my personal life (i.e. did I pay my rent, when is that doctor's appointment, have I changed my contacts yet this month, etc.). I never thought I'd say this, but I feel totally overworked.

Anyway, blah. I have tunnel vision right now, and the light at the end of this tunnel is really the only thing that will get me through these 3 weeks. Now, I just have to make sure not to bury myself beneath the piles of paperwork on my desk and get to the airport in time...


*Don't worry, I'm going to help pay!
**Hope that didn't ruin any of your homecoming posting, Huw!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 9:15 PM   9 GabbyGabbers

9 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

I love the feeling of traveling somewhere and knowing that everything else in my life is on hold for a bit. It's MY vacation and I don't have to think about work!

Twinny, even if there is stuff to "worry" about once you get on the plane, I'm pretty sure you won't think much about it. There's nothing you can do about it while on vacation, anyway. (Unless, of course, you decide to work while on vacation. . .but I'm pretty sure you won't be doing that.)

I'm so excited for you!!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Tim-tambolini "told me"

Do you think that there is a possibility that you'll get over there and just say "piss on it" and quit your job and live with Huw? Or are you the totally practical type who would never be so haphazzard? It's going to be sooooo horrible to leave him when the visit is over...how are you going to handle it????

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

I don't think that there's anything in the world that will make you miss that plane...!

Don't worry about feeling overworked, it'll all blow over and Britain will help with the er...blowing process immensely.

Tim-Tambolini has a good question there, WILL you just say "Piss on it"?

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Chris "told me"

oooh, I have to say I desperately envy you. Myself and Sweetheart has a similar reconciliation planned for the summer but had to cancel it due to a mutual lack of funds. It's horrible that moeny is an issue, but sadly it always will be. I wish you all the best and hopefully maybe may even get a chance to meet you. Though I'm well aware of how precious that time with the man Huw will be.

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie "told me"

Three weeks isn't long. You'll get through it, just keep going for a teeny bit longer...

Good luck with all work stuff and with preparations. We'll get London all clean and tidy for your arrival.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Cigamybab "told me"

Wazz up

_______________0000000000000000________________
_____________000________________0000____________
_________000_________________________00_________
_______00_______________________________0_______
_____00________000000_______000000________0_____
___00_____0000000000000___000000000000_____00___
__0_____0000________________________0000_____0__
_0___________________________000000___________0_
0__________________________00______00__________0
0___________000000________00__0000__00_________0
0________000000000000_____00_000000_00_________0
0_________________________00_000000_00_________0
0_________________________00__0000__00_________0
0__________________________00______00__________0
0____________________________000000____________0
_0_________________________________00_____00__0_
__0___________000_________________0__0___0__0___
___0____________0000______________0__0__0__0____
_____0____________0000000_________0__0_0__0_____
_______00_________________________0___0___00000_
_________000_____________________0000000___0__0_
_____________000________________0_______0__0__0_
________________00000000000000__________________

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

You caught my annoying spammer. Sorry about that.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Dancinfairy "told me"

Wow, three weeks. How fantastic. It will be gone in a jiffy and you will be in jolly old England before you know it.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

I'm living by lists now, when I can remember which is the most current ;o)

Only three weeks to go??!! And the weather's perking up for you too :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home