Thursday, April 06, 2006

Busy and Broken

You might be asking yourself, "Why MOH, why are you blogging at work when you obviously have a mountain of work to sift through?" Well, good people, I'll tell you.

My at-home computer broke. Kaput. No more.

Now, if this is a fixable problem, then good deal. Obstacle with that is...I know CRAP about computers, so would have to take it to Computer Person for them to tell me, for about $100 I'm guessing, that my computer is broke, kaput, no more. And frankly, I haven't had the time.

So, with no computer at home, and with my days increasing in overworking my wittle booty off, I really REALLY don't have time to blog. What's worse is, that's my main line of communication with Huw, and even though (check the countdown) I have fewer and fewer days to go now until I see him, going those few days without communicating with him like I'm used to is very, very tough. So if any of you want to donate a computer to me (in the name of love, of course), want to offer your services for fixing said computer, or can give me any information on a BIOS old-school DOS screen that wouldn't bypass when my computer booted up, well then you might just be my second best friend.

Oh, and I got to see Nanners last night, which was in and of itself, the one of the best parts of my day. She's wonderful...remind me to tell you about the business we're going to start.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 7:22 AM   5 GabbyGabbers

5 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 10:19 AM, Blogger Cleavers "told me"

I fear I can be of no help to you whatsoever but I'm sending sympathetic hugs to you instead

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger anna "told me"

This business of ourn: was it the DVD store with sub-HEB "Texas Steals!" sticker prices, or the Gas Tank Nanny ("supervises your girlfriend's midnight fill-ups so you can go home already")?

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Huw "told me"

And once more, we must descend into the exciting world of the International Phonecard racket.

What's that? You purchased a $10 card, offering 305 Britspeak minutes?

And... oh, what a surprise. On the first call the robotic lady informs you you have $4.74, and 96 minutes left. I hate that robotic lady and her ilk.

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Kaput, from the German word 'kaputt'. Most Germans snigger when people from Leipzig say 'kaputt', because they have a silly accent - I've heard.

I have two (broken) computers sitting in my bedroom floor in pieces if you'd like them? They're annoying me.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger chrissie "told me"

I hope your computer is feeling better soon... I miss "hearing" your musings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home