Sunday, March 05, 2006

Ups and Downs

  • My shower drain is clogged, but that's okay, because when I open the shower curtain, there stares Peter Griffin, telling me that "that is freakin' sweet" (courtesy of my Family Guy calendar).

  • It's hot in a third floor apatment in Texas in early March, but that's okay because I'm departing from my stinginess a bit, and letting myself have air conditioning at night.

  • In order to save up for London, I have decided to restrict the luxuries I once could afford, but that's okay because I don't need food and I was looking for a way to lose weight anyway*.

  • Sometimes I feel guilty and spoiled being a 20-something year old Grown Up and allowing my mother to still buy clothes and make-up for me, but that's okay because A.) I thank her profusely and B.) who am I to turn down cute, free clothes?

  • Because my trip to London to see Huw is rapidly approaching, I have started to think about the important things, like what clothes I will wear. Seeing as how Huw's version of "warm" constitutes a Texas Winter, I am undoubtedly confused on my pending International Wardrobe. But that's okay, due to bullet #3 (thanks again, Mom!).

  • With or without contacts, my eyes burn and it feels like someone is ripping out my eyeball attachy thingies** with hot pliers. I want laser eye surgery but can't afford it. But that's okay because, knowing my luck, I'd be the one out of 2 million people who goes blind due to a freak accident during the procedure.

  • I'm disheartened because I have blown through two seasons of The O.C. in a manner of weeks, but that's okay because I've turned to my Friends.

  • And finally, my computer gave me hell when trying to write this post, but that's okay because I fought off the urge to throw it out the window and gave you something to read anyway.

See people? Silver lining, that's what it's all about. Happy Monday from your Texas friend.

*I'm kidding. Mostly.
**I'm glad you asked. Why yes, that IS the correct medical terminolgy.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 9:02 PM   9 GabbyGabbers

9 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Dancinfairy "told me"

The weather over here is crazy - some days I can't even get the correct clothes for the conditions and I am here looking out of the window!

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

So long as you plan for rain, sun, gales, hail and flooding, you will be fine.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Leslie "told me"

Keep in mind that one of the fun parts of vacating is buying clothes when you get there.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

Yay for positive thinking, Twinny! :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake "told me"

I woulda missed it if you hadn't said.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

I'm too insecure about my developing manhood to allow my mother to buy me much of anything. [If only she'd pay for my car insurance, I'd be happy.]

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Clogged showers are great - you don't have to bend down to wash your feet, they are submerged in about foot of soapy water which cleans them prefectly!

We wear Stetsons and checked shirts all the time too you know.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Layers. That's what British weather calls for. Start with loads, peel off and carry as the day goes on, and by evening you'll be wearing them all again ;o)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Anyone in this world may buy me anything. I am not proud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home