Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Along the Same Lines...

I trudged into the kitchen at my respective place of work this morning to find notes of a rather rude nature Scotch-taped pretty much everywhere I turned. They read:

"You're not a Princess. You're not a Prince.
If you drink coffee, make coffee.
If you make the mess, clean it up."

...and who can forget...

"HEY!! You're mother does not work here.
Your maid does not work here.
Clean up your own dishes!!"

...and, of course, the MEMO (dah dah dahhhhhhhh):

"Due to the unacceptable condition of the Division break room sink filled with dishes, cups and other items for more than a week, the following will go into effect immediately. All items left in the sink at the end of the work day (5 p.m.) will be discarded."

Our small group here thinks it was the Kitchen Fairy putting her Brusque Wand to use. She must mean business. I can't say I disagree completely, however. The smell wafting from the sink drain could have killed a small horse.

I thought this might compliment the entry that my Huw posted a time ago. Discuss.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 6:54 AM   10 GabbyGabbers

10 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Is that first one supposed to rhyme or something?

But when, pray, are you expected to do your time at the sink?

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Nic "told me"

Geez, I was thinking more like Kitchen Nazi...but I guess I'd be ticked off, too, if I had to deal with all those dishes piling up all the time. Glad I got out before all those nasty notes - that would make me sad!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

You guys could just wash each item as you go, to save it from building up. A minute of time or some cash on new cups everyday. I'd choose the minute of time evrytime.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

I'm a Princess!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

^
It's true, he is.

Are we gonna, like, hang out soon or what, chica?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Maybe I could try that here?

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake "told me"

Well, heck, Lanette; now all you need is some milk.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger ManNMotion "told me"

Reminds me of the notices we get about cleaning out the refrigerators. I don't know what kind of schedule they are on but they are serious! I just wish I could get them to come clean my home refrigerator.

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

We had a note saying "Your mother does not work here" in our office kitchen once, one smart-ass so and so wrote back "Mine does". And she did.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Curly,

That reminds me of my days as a tot in Charlotte, NC. I rode the school bus: that hot, yellow, vinyl-seated, urine-smelling death trap we rode to school every day driven by the crazy lady with the $85 acrylic nails with glitter on them. I was maybe 10.
Once in a while, I'd put my feet up on the seat. Crazy lady would yell at me:
"Dis ain't cho home!"
That burned me up. What the hell did she think it was? Of course it's not my home. The last person to ride this thing apparently pissed on the floor.
So one day, I very coolly replied to her yelling with,
"No, of course it's not. It's a school bus. I'd never do this at home."

Typically, my bus-drivers and teachers didn't like me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home