Thursday, February 09, 2006

Pity Parties are Fun

Today is just a disgustingly bad day. And the kicker is, I'm not really sure why it's a bad day. I had to wake up extra early this morning to be at work earlier, and that, coupled with not being woken up the way I usually am, just got me thinking "It's a-gonna be one ofa those daysa" (I think with an Italian accent sometimes).

But I got to work on time with minimal traffic, so no stress there. Then, at work, stuff is relatively stable. I mean, I did get some bad news concerning one of the projects I'm on, but it doesn't directly affect me, so not too big of a deal. I have a meeting this afternoon that I'm looking forward to (kind of), and I'm steadily getting work done (aside from my break to, y'know, blog about getting work done).

Basically, I have no valid reason to be in this poor of a mood, but I am, and I accept that. As should you. I think deep down, I'm frustrated with a whole myriad of things, and it's just weighing heavy on me.

The only good thing that comes out of this is knowing that Huw is having a miserable day too. Now, I know that sounds insensitive, but let me explain. See, there are times when we're talking, and he beats me to saying something that I was thinking or vice versa. This doesn't just happen every once in a while. Oh no, this happens sevearl times during the week. It's creepy, but in that "huh, I guess we DO make a good couple" kind of way.

Today, I feel our relationship has taken a brand new turn. Not only do we think alike, but we are starting to have bad days at the same time. Oh, and once, he got a cold and I swear to you, the NEXT DAY, I was sick as well. Creepy stuff, but I like it.

And while I used to be the kind of girl that would just have a bad day and resolve that it would STAY bad until I closed my eyes at night, I have recently turned into a person that tries to find the positive spin on a craptastic day. Today, for example, I get to go to my parent's house, eat really good food, and watch The O.C. with my sissy. That right there will bring a smile to my scowling face.

Then, tomorrow is Friday, and I will spend my afternoon in a training about gangs. Sweet, I'll finally learn from which pocket I should hang my blue bandana. Oh, and how to twist your fingers up and make like, words and stuff. Maybe I'll sag my pants. You just never know with me. I'm a wild card.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 10:35 AM   5 GabbyGabbers

5 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

I keep a blue flag hangin' out my backside
But only on the left side
Yeah, that's the Cryps side.

(Drop it like it's hot, peeps--Snoop taught me all I need to know about gangsta livin'.)

I know what you mean about the wonders of saying or thinking the same thing as someone else. Pretty dang cool.

And your Italian accent thing made me smile. That's cute.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger Huw "told me"

I was hoping all that energy I was generating by slowly banging my head on my desk would do some good somewhere. You had a tremendous calming effect on me: incase I didn't make it clear - thanks.

Roll on tomorrow!

Sob.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Tim-tambolini "told me"

Unfortunately I've never experienced the 'same wavelength' thing with anyone. Men and me, well, we just don't think the same things at the same time. I'm usually one step ahead of them...hee hee.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger LĂ©onie "told me"

Oh I'm sorry to hear you're feeling shit.

Hang in there, and thanks so much for your lovely comment...

x

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous "told me"

I though your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home