Sunday, January 01, 2006

Quick Update

First of all, let me say Happy New Year to y'all. What a year it has already started to be.

My Darling has safely arrived in the great state of Texas and we have already spent 6 wonderful days together. I really couldn't describe what it's been like having him here. The first morning I woke up in his arms, I thought I was still dreaming. This morning, I still felt the same. Having him here is a dream come true, as cheesy as that sounds.

We shared our first ever Christmas together. We had nice drinks and listened to Frank Sinatra as we tore open our gifts to each other. He got me some lovely smelling bath accessories (one has already been used...), a great book called "Instructions for American Servicemen in Briatin 1942", and some "other" presents that I will keep to myself. He also presented me with a very beautiful necklace which I will never take off. Christmas was, in a word, amazing.

I've taken him several places to eat like Chili's, Taco Cabana, and Schlotzkys (I think Taco Cabana was his favorite). Last night, because I'm such a bad hostess, we had no other plans than to go out with my parents and brother-in-law and sister for a New Year's Eve feast. They invited us to Outback with them. As soon as I pulled up the menu on the computer for my darling to get a head start decided what he wanted, he noticed that it was an Austrailian themed restaurant. From that point until the end of dinner, I got to be witness to his astoudingly precise Aussie accent. Steve Erwin even came out when facing a "ferocious Chicken Chimichanga". Strewth.

We've seen Harry Potter, spent time with Nic(orina), played riveting games of Phase 10, visited my puppy, attended a Randy Rogers concert at Saengerhalle (fill the "cowboy hat" quota), and driven downtown to see the lights of the Riverwalk. But other than that, our mornings and afternoons are spent in bed, simply loving each other's company.

I was worried before he came that we would have these really awkward silences in each other's presence. You know...just kind of sit there and be like, "Yep, so this is Texas" and then turn and stare out the window for the rest of the drive to or from our destination. But it's just not like that. Sure, we sit in silence sometimes...but they're comfortable, and my thoughts are often focused on how in love with this amazingly funny and sweet and loving Brit from way over there I am.

I watch him more than he knows. I watch him when he sleeps, when he reads, when we're in the car or when we're talking to people. I watch the way he purses his lips when we play Phase 10 and the way his cheeks puff when he starts to snore. I love watching his every move, hearing every breath, because I know I won't get this priviledge much longer. Soon it will be back to robotic-like webcams and facking-computer microphones. Soon I won't get to reach out and hug him or kiss his soft cheek. But I'm trying not to think about that now. Now, I'm focusing on the amazing foot rub he's giving me!

So, kiddies, I apologize for the wide gap between last post and this one. I've been otherwise engaged. Happily.

More to come later. I'll let you know how his Texan accent progresses: he's got a ways to go until his "y'all" is perfected.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 10:45 AM   8 GabbyGabbers

8 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 1:54 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake "told me"

That's pretty perfect, Lanette. I am not looking forward to the "parting scene." Something will need to be done about that.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

Oh, my dear, it sounds like you're having a wonderful time! I'm excited about Friday. :) Again, we're totally alike--I, too, would be soaking up every move, word, kiss, hug, and touch, storing it in my memory for the times I miss that person the most.

And Saengerhalle--woo hoo! Love that place.

See you soon.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger MarkD60 "told me"

wishing you big time health happiness and prosperity this new year and always!!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger chrissie "told me"

All together now: awww! Enjoy the rest of your visit :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Happy hot diggity to you twoosy woosy! LOL!!!



Not drunk.
The Mayor <------ stupid.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

I once had a boyfriend turn off my alarm clock for an early morning flight, so I'd miss it! But I'm not suggesting you do that (it was (yet) another reason to dump him!)

Just squeeze him tight and make the most of your time together :o)

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

Stop wasting time on the damn blog and enjoy every delicious minute with your Brit. We'll still be here when he leaves!

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

This is MUCH better than Eastenders.

Happy New Year L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home