Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Pulling My Hair Out

Apologies for my absence, I know you all were dying of boredom whilst I was away. I had to travel to the wonderful city of Bloomington, IL for a training that my work sent me to. I caught a cold.

There was one up-side to the whole crappy experience, however. I "networked" (oh, I'm bigtime) with a woman who recently came back from Germany after working some government/federal job up there that was similar to my area of work/education. I spoke with her about my current situation with my wonderful boyfriend, and she told me she knew the guy who worked in the London branch pretty well! So, I left with her email address and a lot more hope than I really should have. We'll see what happens there. Maybe, if this is what's meant to be, I'll be able to find a job over in London without having to go through the rigors of a work visa, blah blah blah.

So, I came back to work to find out that one of the "key" people at my work is leaving, which really is putting a crunch on our deadlines--meaning, the deadlines are now being moved up and we are having to take up a LOT more responsibilities in order to get our project off the ground in time. In short, I'm freaking stressed out beyond belief. This was not a good re-entry for me, especially having this nasty cold at the same time. So, if my posts are sporadic and hate-filled, you at least know why.

I haven't been to many of your sites lately, and I can't promise that I will visit them this week either. However, I do look forward to the time I can do some major catch-up blogging, and see what I've been missing since my Hell Week.

You'll simply have to find other ways to entertain yourself until I have pulled out all the hairs on my head and my stress level is back down to "yellow".

Insignificance Conveyed @ 10:19 AM   8 GabbyGabbers

8 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 11:18 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

Glad to know you're ok. We were going to send Lauren to check on you! Hehe

Keep truckin'...and feel better! My mom says a stiff black jack and water will knock out any cold!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Don't pull your hair out, bald patches are not becoming! (And I know, 'cept in my case it's called alopecia ;o))

Try and get lots of rest, and I hope you feel better soon :o)

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Black Jack... why didn't I do that? I have the remnants of a cold that I caught in Florida. It's not bad, I feel OK. But my voice still sounds funny when I sing, and I can still taste stuff I ate last Saturday in the back of my froat.

Glad you're around too Mo! Don't mean to ride you too much, I just thought you were dead. And a dead Mo is no good to nobody canna gedda Amen.

(OOH: Good verification word. "eexzual". I think it means a metrosexual who's been drinking absinthe.)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Tim-tambolini "told me"

Glad to see you return. I was beginning to think that you and Huw gave up on the long distance thing and you were too depressed to blog. Glad to hear there is some hope in that regard. I'm a-routing for ya!!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jona "told me"

I think you gave me your cold! I feel rotten too :o(

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

Sorry to hear about the stress of work but it'd like to offer some advice that always helps when i'm stressed. Try downloading tracks by a band called Zero 7. They make sort of chilled out lounge music. In the waiting line is by far the best.

Also try no ordinary morning by Chicane. This track is the most soothing thing I've ever heard you might lie to try it.

By the wya my blog has moved. It's now at http://ktsh.blogspot.com

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake "told me"

Listen, sweetie: Not everything has to happen today. Relax. It will all work out.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Thanks guys, for all the support!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home