Sunday, January 08, 2006

No Longer on Holiday

I am sad, and for that reason, I won't post too much. He left today and ever since I saw him go through security at the airport, I've had this sinking, nauseous, empty feeling in me. Just one big void. I never thought it would be this hard to be without him.

What sucks about sharing an apartment with someone that you are a thousand percent in love with is that when they leave, everything--every single little tiny thing--reminds you of them. The dirty dishes in the sink from the dinner he made us last night. The Krispy Kreme doughnuts box on my bar. The Stella in the fridge. Chocolate milk. That stupid IBC Root Beer bottle sitting on my coffee table that I refuse to throw away.

When people would ask me how I liked living by myself, I would tell them that I absolutely loved it. Now, after having him here for 2 weeks, sharing my humble little apartment with me, I would gladly give up living single for him to be here with me.

There's so much more I could say. I could tell you about how this was by far the BEST 2 weeks of my whole life, how I long for just one more hug from him, and how my eyes are still swollen from crying so much last night and today. But honestly, I have neither the strength to write nor the desire to cry anymore, so I'm going to say goodnight to you all. I have a heaping pile of blog entries to read from all of you, and I suspect that is what I will be doing tomorrow--my first day back to work in two weeks. The only thing I'm looking forward to? I get to talk to him.

Sorry for such a Debbie Downer post. My future ones might be as melancholy, but you have to understand that MOH is extremely sad right now, and probably will be for at least a week. From time to time, I might have to have a few of you perk me up by *shouting* "LONDON IN MAY!! LONDON IN MAY!! YOU'RE GOING TO LONDON IN MAY!!"

To counteract the depression, I'm posting a few more of our happy pictures. Don't go all "I threw up in my mouth a little from the cutesyness" on me. These make ME happy, and whose blog is this? That's right. MOH's. So, enjoy some pictures from me and my darling, sweet, wonderful, caring, tea-and-dinner making, hilarious, cuddly, dinosaur, kitty boyfriend.


A night out with Nic(orina) at Chili's. Ain't we just the sweetest thing?


Dinner with Mom, Sissy, me and Darling. Many of our pictures revolved around food...


Our Christmas! Originally planned for the night of Dec. 28th (our 4 month anniversary as well), but was postponed until the 29th due to some massive Phase 10 card playing with Nic(orina) on the night of the 28th.


Me and my baby at Outback for New Year's Eve. I can't tell you how much funnier his Aussie accent got as he found more things "ferocious".


We ventured out to an "authentic English pub" to watch a football game. It shaped up to be a classic (0/0) game. I loved every minute of it because he cuddled me.


I took my darling boy to the Flying Saucer for some beer he might have been missing whilst over here. However, he chose to experience at Texas Flight, which is 5 oz. samples of five Texan beers. One tasted "nutty".


Yes, here's another Kissy Kissy one. It was taken at the Flying Saucer and I really love it because it's sweet and shows you the thing that I miss the most about his visit here--the ability to kiss him whenever we felt like it.


Sure, we look damn cute here, but this, readers, this picture is for YOU. Behold: a stereotypical drunk Texas Cowboy pulling a face as soon as he sees his call to fame. "Heee-yuck. I think Ima gonna git myself in that 'der photo. Deys got un of 'em tings, uh...PICTURE BOX, yeah. Ima gon' be in a picture box, heee-yuck." Seriously, though, we're adorable.


Now, I'm sacrificing my embarrassment here to show you a picture that I really treasure. This picture was taken by me as my darling and I were lying in the bed in the lodge I had rented for us for his upcoming (Jan. 11) birthday. I took him up to Canyon of the Eagles for a night of star gazing and such. He's so sweet to me.


Look at my treasure. Look at God's gift to me. I am the most blessed girl in the world. And to think, we were THIS close to never, ever meeting. What would I do without this guy?


...there are even MORE of us kissing, so just prepare yourselves. This was overlooking a lake at Canyon of the Eagles. To me, it looks like something out of a movie. This one WILL be blown up and framed and hung in my apartment. Sigh. I sure do love him.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 8:55 PM   15 GabbyGabbers

15 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 2:28 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

You mean he didn't clean the dishes after dinner?! Cheeky begger.

Nice pics, glad you both had such a great time! May will be here in no time!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Awwwwww now I'm sad that he's coming home! You should have turned off the alarm, burnt the ticket and stolen his wallet!

And in May, are you coming just for a visit, or for good ;o?

And don't worry about writing lonesome posts (Debbie Downer posts??! Gee thanks!!) we all remember how horrid it is to be parted from THE ONE :o)

thinking of you, Jona (aka Debi!)

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

Mo, my heart hurts for you. It is no comfort to you, but my sweetie and I live two hours apart and only see each other on the weekends. Every weekend - seems pretty predicatable and easy to do, but I share your dread of the empty apartment. He'll leave a shirt behind and I won't wash it because I like the way he smells. The days we spend apart each week seem endless and I feel like the weekend will never get here. And then it does and life is wonderful again. But it seems to come to an end only moments after it begins and I'm left with that same sinking feeling in my tummy.

My question to you, Mo, is when will you be doing something about this situation? Are there any plans for one of you to move closer? Love is too precious and life too empty without it to go on this way for too long...

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger chrissie "told me"

*hugs* I, too, have done the long distance thing. I used to date an Army boy, so there were sometimes continents between us. So I feel your pain - it is so hard to say goodbye. May is not that far off, though!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

My dear, I feel for you. Remember I'm here if you need me! I know sometimes being holed up by ourselves is the only thing we want when we're sad, though.

Curly's right--May will be here in no time. It seems like forever, but you know how fast time flies. . .

And in the meantime, hold onto those things you captured in your memory while he was here. How blessed you both are that you got the chance to spend 10 days together!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

PS...I have finally posted on your wonderful white elephant gift. Thanks Mo, it was awesome!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Cleavers "told me"

The photos are lovely, so glad you guys had a good time. May will be here quicker than the swish of a lamb's tale. The distance will make the reunion all that much sweeter x

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Krispy Kreme doughnuts? Stella in the fridge? Chocolate milk?

All I had to greet me in the fridge when I got home was a lump of scientifically important cheese...

Oh, and I am missing you a TON.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake "told me"

Golly. If I didn't know better, I would say you sorta like this guy. Sorta.

(Not a downer post at all, Lanette. Very upbeat, I would say.)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Debbie Downer?

Nah, it's her lesbian cousin Negative Nancy you have to look out for.



And I feel your pain.

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Curly--He did more than his fair share, trust me. Thanks for the optimism! I look forward to a pint with you and Huw come May!

Jona/Debi--Now, you MUST understand that "Debbie Downer" is a character on a Saturday Night Live skit here in the states. I think of you as more of an "upper". May will unfortunately only be a visit for me, BUT after that, we'll see! Thanks for the thoughts.

Trishy--Distance is distance. Sure, you get to see your sweetie every weekend, but the time in between is painful, I know. It's good to know someone can sympathize! We're in the process of making plans, so something is going to be done. We can't stand the thought of parting again or being separated for a long time. I'll keep you updated.

Chrissie--Thanks, girl. I need all the support I can get, this is tougher than I thought!

Lauren--I'm going to call on that shoulder of yours soon, I do believe. I'll send you pictures of our Capitol Visit when I get them developed, sometime this week! Love you!

Cleavers--the only thing really keeping me going is the thought of reuniting with him in May! I hope you're right about the whole "lamb's tail" thing!

Darling--You know, I could use some help clearing out my fridge. Can I tempt you into coming back this weekend and staying forever? I'm missing you a ton too, but you already know that.

Mr. Hoss--Meh, he's okay I guess. Your senses are as keen as ever!

Swankertons--Blah blah bliggity blah, this hurts! When May comes, it's GO TIME!

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

MOH:

I've been there and I know exactly how you feel. In fact, knowing how it feels, I miss him bunches for you.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Chris "told me"

Hey there, first time reader and poster, and fellow Huw appreciater. Just to say you both look so cute in the photos and I am deeply happy for you both. I'll endeavour to keep your man's spirits up. God bless Tim Berners-Lee!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger fracturedfanatic "told me"

You look absolutely beautiful in all of your pics, my dear. You know what that is??? True love. It's been awhile for me but I can still see it. I am happy for y'all. Makes a girl believe, you know?

Best of luck and much happiness, FF

PS. He's a hottie, girl!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Crystal "told me"

Your pictures make me want to go home and kiss my penis-person.

And then tell him to go get me a beer.

I'm kidding. Kind of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home