Wednesday, December 21, 2005

White Elephant!

(I must apologize for the lateness of this post!)

I got my White Elephant Christmas gift from
Becky in the mail the other day. One thing y'all should know about me--I'm oftentimes way too lazy to take that extra 2 minute drive to my mailbox to retrieve the contents stuffed inside. So, I bet my package was waiting for me LONG before I opened it! Sorry about that, Becksters!

A little background: Me and the fine people of Swankytown had decided that since we were oh-such-good friends, we would participate in a
White Elephant Gift Exchange. How it worked? Well, Trishy wrote all our names down and drew each for a person, and then posted who got who, we exchanged addresses, and BAM! You got yourself a gift exchange.

Becky sent me the most wonderful springy Santa bottle topper. This is a perfect gift for me, as I LOVE wine! She nestled a card in with the gift as well with a nice note explaining certain parts of the gift (gah, I left it at my apartment!). It was just the thing to get me back in the Christmasy mood.

So, a big, ginormous THANK YOU to Ms. Becky for the wonderful and befitting present. It will be used time and time again! Merry Christmas!

Oh, and Trishy--I'm a HORRIBLE person! Yours will be in the mail tomorrow.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 6:09 AM   17 GabbyGabbers

17 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Becky "told me"

Lanette...
You should have heard the huge "WHEW" that came out of my mouth when I read your post. I wasn't sure if you were a wine drinker...but I saw that and I thought it was adorable!!
I'm so glad that you liked it can get some use out of it.

I'm so excited that you and Lauren are good friends now!! That's awesome. Hopefully we'll all get to hang out sometime!!

Have a very very Merry Christmas!!

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

As I read your blog, I find myself thinking,

Your weather pixie girl is really hot.

Then I actually hear myself say something that pathetic out loud, and I suddenly feel depressed.

So, uh.. pass some of that wine this way, I guess.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

Yay for White Elephant gifts! :)

Ho ho ho

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

If Trishy can wait till a little after Xmas, I could see if that fabulous gift I saw is still available...?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

No worries, Mo! I'm just mailing mine today!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Huw, I'm NOT giving her the Babyball.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Trishy, I thought you told me you shipped it already!

I've been DYYYYING over here!

;-)

whatisitwhatisitwhatisitwhatisitwhatisitwhatisitwhatisitwhatisit????

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Did my name go into the hat? I've not seen my gift yet, I'm hoping the shipping takes ages as it's such a great present!

Is it a bear?

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Curly--I'm getting you a puppy. I just hope I poked enough airholes...

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

Robby-Rob...I had wait for the silly thing to be ordered to me. Got it last night; put it in the mail this morning!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

oops...I meant "shipped to me"

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

Eveyone is in for a treat :-)

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Afe "told me"

Hmm, interesting. We call the gift exchange "Secret Santa" around here. I think it has a nice ring to it.

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Afe,

Yes, that's a different sort of thing though. It's not a secret with us, see? We all know who's buying our gifts.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Chris "told me"

Rob:

I think you're right. That weatherpixie is pretty hot.

Oh. Here comes the depression...

Sigh.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Thomas "told me"

I never knew how "white elephants" worked. Thanx.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

That is such a cool idea!

You guys must make lots of new friends this way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home