Monday, December 26, 2005

My Present is on His Way!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The day I thought would never come is finally here! As we speak, my Darling boy is on his way to see me. He's got less than an hour now before he lands in Dallas after about a 10 hour and 15 minute flight. And when he gets here, it will be about 2AM his time, so I'm going to have a very sleepy boyfriend on my hands!

I'm extremely nervous. When I would lie awake at night, or couldn't go back to sleep on some mornings, I would picture what it would be like to see him walking toward me, arms out and ready to give me a great big hug. My heart would start to pound and I could feel butterflies in my stomach. For that reason, I knew that on the day of his arrival, I would have to keep myself as busy as possible just to not throw up every 10 minutes from the nerves and excitement. I may have overloaded my plate though!

I had a very wonderful Christmas, Santa still spoils my sister and me. Thank you all for the Christmas wishes and I hope y'all had a safe and happy one as well. This morning I had an eye appointment, then I raced home to vaccum and wash my car, load up all my goodies, eat a bit of lunch, then come back to my apartment. After about 4 trips up and down 3 flights of stairs with QUITE heavy loads, I am finally able to start the biggest task of all...CLEANING! I have a lot to do.

After cleaning is some grocery shopping so my darling can have food whilst I work my two mornings this week (I'm off then until he leaves), and then one more errand. Then it's back to the apartment to clean myself up, try to look as nice as I can for him. To the airport with me at about 7:35PM.

Do you know what I'm the most nervous about? What if I'm not what he expected? What if I'm not pretty enough or this or that enough? What if he sees me in my everyday life and doesn't care for me too much after that? I think these are big "what ifs", but still, those are the thoughts that occupy my mind in between all the excitement. I try not to worry too much about it, though, because judging from how we already are, I see the most wonderful 2 weeks ahead of me.

So, that's it for now. Cross your fingers and say some prayers for a safe flight and good times for us. I'm sure he'll post about his visit while he's here (when he's trying to avoid the 81F weather we're having...oops), and I know I'll be posting a bit, maybe even some pictures if I get them in time.

This seriously is one of the happiest days of my life. I can't wait to see him.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 11:47 AM   7 GabbyGabbers

7 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Jona "told me"

I read his post last night, and all through today I've been thinking of you and how excited you must be! Hope you both have a wonderful couple of weeks :o)

But I seem to have missed how you two got together, hope we get to hear some day!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

I'm soooooo excited for you guys! Forget the "what ifs". . .well, that's hard, but you know what I mean. You will have an amazing time together, I'm sure of it!! Keep us posted. And call or e-mail me if you get the chance b/c I'd love to hang out with you in the next couple of weeks.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

I'm reading this a little late, which means that he is probably already there!! Yeah for you!

I have to say, as I was reading, I was getting butterflies for you. Get rid of all those what-ifs! A man doesn't fly across the world to spend two weeks with someone that he intends to say "ehh" about. A man does that for a woman he loves!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Curly "told me"

As I told him as well, Woohoo!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

Naiders!

Sounds like you need some stress relief, too! Just yell "with the hey hey that HURTS me!"

(My word verification is "ruugyn"--Princess Bride anyone?)

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Lucy "told me"

This is adorable. Best of luck, both of ye.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger OldHorsetailSnake "told me"

Well, c'mon, Lanette, spill. How's it going? Or are you "too busy" to post? Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home