Sunday, December 18, 2005

Lunch with My Twin

Okay, so maybe she's not my identical twin, or fraternal even (as I'm about a year older than she is), but I swear, we are related.

This Saturday, at 11:30AM to be exact, I met my first blogger friend. In person, that is. Lauren and I met up at Chipotle for an early lunch and some gab time. And I'm so glad we did.

Lauren is a beautiful, funny, inquizative, caring, strong, happy, and optimistic person. Yes, I concluded that in the mere 2 hours we spent together. She's a great listener and makes you feel like what you are droning on and on about is that day's headline news. She listened intently as I told her about my family, my Darling, my schooling, and tons of other little details that I'm sure have no importance to most other people.

I, in turn, listened to her stories of past relationships and current questions of inner thoughts and feelings. She told me about the different seminary (right, L?) schools she's applied to, and about how she feels drawn to one location in particular. I learned a bit about her family, and that she has a special place in her heart for Toy Joy. And apparently, she's one of those people that can travel to a different city and STILL run into someone she knows!

I wish I could have spent all day with her, sitting at our little table, picking at our burrito bowls and spilling intimate and not-so-intimate details about ourselves. I wish she wasn't leaving in the summer, but I'm so happy that she's choosing to follow God's plan for her life.

As we were walking to our cars (oh, and her new Honda is just beautiful, complete with "new car smell") she said to me, "You know, I feel like we're old friends". I feel the same way. It's crazy (as I mentioned on her blog) how there are a few people out in this world that are JUST like you...your soul's friend-twin...and sometimes you are fortunate enough to meet those people. When that happens, you have no choice but to take a step back and think, "how did I go this long in my life without having this person a part of it?" Well, no longer will that be in the case of Lauren and myself (if I have anything to say about it)!

I see her rapidly becoming one of my closest friends based on the sole fact that we are basically the same person! We're an hour an a half away now, and after this summer, we may be states apart, but I am willing to maintain this friendship that we've cultivated and get to know this person that is eerily similar to myself. I'd be crazy not to!

So, thank you, Lauren, for making that drive to spend 2 hours with a girl you barely knew. I'm so thankful you did, and look forward to a long and valuable friendship no matter where we are. Remember: next time it's me visiting you, and lunch, dinner, whatever, is MY treat!!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 11:45 AM   9 GabbyGabbers

9 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

In the words of Nietszche: "Hold a true friend with both of your hands."

Maybe I should practice what I quote.

Good for you two.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

Okay, so now I have tears in my eyes. *sniff* I don't think anyone has blogged about me before! (At least, not that I have known of. . .ha ha)

Girl, it was such an exciting and special piece of time with you yesterday! Trust me, we are most definitely cultivating this new friendship! :) You're right that it would be absolutely ridiculous not to.

More to come! We have many more hours of talking to do. :)

Lots of love. . .and can't wait to see you again!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Becky "told me"

I can totally relate to you Lynette. I went to College with Lauren and we NEVER EVER hung out. We just had different friends, even though we were studying in the same field and had most classes together. We didn't start hanging out until a little over a year ago after we started our jobs.

It was weird. We just became instantly close and it was amazing. Truly like you said, how could we have known each other, but never really "known" each other. I couldn't believe that we never hung out in college, and now we just can't seem to get enough of each other.
It's great to meet girls like that. Because usually girls are always trying to out do each other and are really intimidating to be around. But with Lauren, I don't feel that. She's just an amazing person.

One of those people you don't ever want to forget...you know...
Rock on Lauren.
You do your thing girl!!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

That's pretty awesome, well done the both of you!

This blogging thing is working out pretty well for you isn't it, Lanette?

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Sounds like someone is The Girl.

I'm so happy to see something like this happen! Unity! One nation under swank!


Good for the twoayas. ;-)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Chris--Wise (relayed) words

Lauren--Soon!

Becky--That's awesome, I'm glad we could BOTH get to know such a great girl!

Curly--This blogging thing sure *is* working out well...now, to just have that pint with you and Huw over in your neck of the woods...

Rob--You were talking about ME, right? Being "The Girl"? Thought so. :-)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Curly - when are we going to meet up for some cheese and toast at a random M4 service station?

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Huw, it'd have to be a Train Station for some expensive coffee and dodgy sandwiches as I don't currently have a car. But soon, I'm headed to Soton Jan/Feb time...

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Mo,
I think The Girl knows who The Girl is. And I should know. After all, I am The Guy.

Helpful, right?

By the way, was "towayas" the better choice here? I considered using "debot'ayooz" but I decided to go with my gut.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home