Sunday, November 27, 2005

Short and Sweet (like me, teehee)

Okay, kiddies, I have to keep this short. And for real this time; none of this "I'm going to say that I'll keep this short in the beginning of the post, ramble on for 15 paragraphs, realize that I completely contradicted myself, then go back and eliminate the first part of the post where I said I would keep it short" business. And here's why: I get to go on my first "business trip" tomorrow.

Okay, so it's not as important as it sounds...I'm not brokering any mergers (?) or anything like that. I'm going to Washington, D.C. for a training. But still, it's my first offical work travel. Just be excited for me, okay?

I leave tomorrow and will be back on Thursday evening. Of course, I'll be too exhausted to type, so you'll have to wait until Friday to catch up on my oh-so-exciting-hang-by-your-toenails post. I'm just a smidge nervous to travel to D.C.--not because it's
the murder capitol of the U.S. (thank you, Daddy, for announcing that in front of my overly paranoid mother)--no, more because of the whole 9/11 thing. I mean, of course we'll be fine, but there's still that twinge of fear that runs through me (call me paranoid).

Want to know the grandest event that will come about due to this trip? One of my best friends (
The Actress) lives in D.C. with her new finace (new as in "they just got engaged" not as in "she traded her old one in"). Sure, I'll have to pay attention when I'm learning about GPRA online data submission, but when I'm free from that, I'm livin' big in D.C. with Kate and Adam! Fun times (and pictures) will be had (and taken) by all!

One last worthy mentioning: I decorated my apartment today for Christmas. No, it's NOT December yet, but I found that when I lived with my parents, we would always decorate too late, and barely have time to enjoy the twinkling lights before we had to take them down for fear of depression setting in. So, this past weekend, when I was enjoying my much needed family time, I went to WalMart and the Dollar Store and bought so many lovely decorations for my wittle apartment. I skimped on Halloween and Thanksgiving decor this year, but NOT Christmas. I refuse to spend my first apartment Christmas sans a Santa Clause door knob hanger. So, a 3 foot tree, lots of lights, garland, and other such decorations now don my little happy place. I'm so holiday. (It makes for a quite cozy and romantic setting for my upcoming visitor!)

Oh, and I had a great Thanksgiving. Food, family,
Dickens on Main...it was all teriffic...hope you all had the same (and if you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, hope you had a nice weekend)! See y'all Friday!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 8:20 PM   9 GabbyGabbers

9 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 4:12 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Bloody hell, that's a long way to go for some training!

I've heard there are some good jazz bars on U Street to check out?

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

I'm with you, sister!

Last year's holiday season was kind of "eh" so I've decided to decorate the crap out of my apt this year, nice and early. I even bought a Christmas ornament that plays the Charlie Brown Christmas theme song. And it was bloody expensive.

My first (and only) bidness trip was to Baltimore. I hade to personally courier some equipment to Johns Hopkins University that my boss had "borrowed" before he left to come to Wake Forest. The town was a piece of crap, but the tourist district ("the Waterfront") was fairly bitchin. Have fun!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

Yay for business trips! You're gonna have a blast. Extra bonus when you get to see friends while there. I love it.

Last year when I decorated for Christmas, my kitty had too much fun with the tree. Every time I'd leave my apartment, it's like he had a little party (who knows--maybe he even invited the neighborhood cats to come play, too!). I'd walk in the door, he'd be hiding somewhere, and the tree was on the ground, lights were strewn everywhere, ornaments under the tables, behind the sofa, etc. It still makes me laugh, but I was so frustrated! All I wanted was a little Christmas cheer! :) This year, I'm in a house with roomies, so I know we're going to be decorating this week or next. And we have another kitty now. . .this could be serious. Anyway, I love decorating for Christmas. I miss the days when my three siblings and I would be "in charge" of decorating. . .we always had a blast.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Have fun! (Oops, work... not fun, but a good time anyway ;o))

And today I think I may guilty of that 'I'm not going to type much', then do!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger fracturedfanatic "told me"

I'm envious of your business trip. It sounds like what grown ups do, you know?

As for the decorating, I completely agree- I'm in my first house and it's decorated out the wazoo and Bing Crosby is looping on my stereo.

I'm dreamin' of a white christmas...

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

When in Rome, do as the Romans do: find out what it is like to kill a man.

That's my tip.

 
At 1:10 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

Ooo, yes! Take lots of pics of your business affairs, our Kate and Adam, and your Very First Murder!

I'm totally down with your early Christmas decorating, but Dickens on Main--mmm, not so much. But maybe that's because the only experience I've ever had with it was working the bakery counter during the busiest, most disgruntled customer-ish, most winding lines out the door-ish times. I hope you were kind and patient with your young servers!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger kate "told me"

Alright I must step in here and defend the city I live in - which is really quite lovely and about as crime-ridden as any other city in America...there are great parts, and there are sketchy parts. And I don't think we hold the #1 slot anymore...

That is all. Tonight holds fun times in the city for me and Lanette and Adam!

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

We's a-missin' you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home