Friday, November 11, 2005

Pooped

Sorry guys, this post will be boring, unintelligent, non-thought provoking, and downright unnecessary. But, seeing as how it's (almost) the weekend, I won't have a chance to update because things will be so busy! Well, not the whole weekend, just Saturday.

See, Nic(orina), like me, is delighted to draw out her birthDAY to a birthMONTH. So, despite the fact that her actual birthday was this past Wednesday, we're going up to Austin to do a little celebratin' 6th Street style.

Tomorrow I will be preparing for the day. You know, picking out the most suitable outfit...something classy but sexy. The only really good thing about the weather now is that it's so warm at night that you don't have to lug around a bulky jacket and keep dibs on it at every place you swarm.

We're going to leave my apartment at around 6:15PM and head up to this "Mexonesian" restaurant where I'm sure there will be at least an hour and a half long wait. See, here in Texas, the UT Longhorns are playing their second to last...game of some sort...and it's a home game, and since they're Austin's home college team, there will be countless burnt orange and white clad Longhorn fans taking up OUR streets on OUR night! Damn them and their college football! Well, it should at least allow for some really crazy (see: drunk) characters to poke fun at throughout the night.

After dinner, it's down to not the 5th, not the 7th, but the infamous 6th Street. We will visit a bar called Touche and drink some Flaming Dr. Peppers, then head over to some other packed club and get more random and expensive cocktails, and when all the partying has been had, when some members of our party are no longer able to stand, we will hitch a taxi ride back to our hotel. To sleep it off.

We'll wake up and go to some place called Kirby's (sp?) for an amazing breakfast (so I hear), then head back home Sunday late morning to sleep off the remains of the night before. Good times WILL be had by all.

So, if you're in the Austin area on Saturday night, look for the only group of people not wearing some sort of Longhorns paraphernalia. That'll be us, and I might by you a drink.

I think this trip to Austin will be just what the doctor ordered. I have been exhausted/pensive/drained/frustrated a lot this week, so a night of good food and unwinding with great friends will surely snap me out of this poor mood I've been in! Be back Monday with updates!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 12:20 PM   10 GabbyGabbers

10 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 7:55 PM, Blogger chrissie "told me"

Have a good weekend!

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Thank you, Chrissie

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

It all sounds like a good un, except for that first photo. Tell me, are the people of Austin ghosts?

(or did you choose that one to illustrate how well you think you'll be able to see after all the boozing?)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Sorry, I'm not going to be in town on Saturday night - thanks for the offer of a drink though...

But a very happy birth-month to Nic all the same.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Huw--Like I said, a very unimpressive post (the pictures were included in that statement)

Curly--Next time, we'll get you next time!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

*sigh* Kerbey Lane!! One of my favorites, girl. Did you like?

Wish I was around to celebrate with you gals. Thanks for inviting me, by the way. I have a feeling we'll eventually just HAVE TO hang out with each other. . .we're too dang alike not to. :)

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Yes, Lauren, I agree! It's mandated for people as alike as us to hang out! Sometime soon!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

You know Mo, I was reading your previous post, and you call yourself a "worrier" all the time. But you know, I calls 'em like I sees 'em. You say "worrier?" I say "Warrior!".

That what I calls ya!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker "told me"

I love Austin. Have a good time.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Thank you Swankertons and AnonCo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home