Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Please Welcome to the World...

Chance Bradley!

I know I'm breaking my "one post per day" rule, but I just had to let y'all know that my cousin had her baby today! It's been a hard pregnancy on her, but he's out and healthy, with a head full of blonde hair!

This is a very significant event in my cousin's life (and the life of her family). On Memorial Day of 2004, my cousin, her husband, their 11 year old son and 4 1/2 year old daughter were headed to Rockport for a vacation, when a stupid 21 year old girl in the opposite flow of traffic couldn't WAIT to get to where she was going, so tried to pass 2 other cars. She couldn't make it around, however, and was headed right for my cousin's SUV. They both took evasive action, and my cousin-in-law ended up swerving into the median, flipping the Expedition. He suffered a large gash on his head, my cousin had a few cuts and some neck injuries, my 11 year-old second cousin was in critical condition, and the little 4 1/2 year old girl died on the way to the hospital.

The little boy, after a long time, recovered, but still has pain from the scar tissue. Because that family is so strong in the Lord, they somehow managed to pull through losing their only daughter, but not without a great deal of tears and unmanagable days (still). They wanted another child, and seeing as how my cousin is about 35 years old, they didn't have a leisurely amount of time to sit around and wait. So, a few months later, they announced that they were pregnant, which was a great miracle.

Nine months later, here's their new son. I know that they were hoping for a girl, and when they found out they were going to have another boy, they both cried, but were happy that God had given them another child to raise in such a loving home.

So, I welcome to the world Chance Bradley--a baby that will receive more love and kisses than he'll know what to do with!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 12:27 PM   14 GabbyGabbers

14 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Yay for Cuz!!!

So sorry to hear that horrible story... but let's keep on the positive side of things!

Congrats to your *other* family!!!

;-)

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Mike Ashley "told me"

Hello. Found you by your comment over at Hoss' place. I'm so sorry abpot the tragedy, especially when it could have been avoided.

Loved your halloween pics.

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Chance Bradley, welcome! I hope he carries a tissue around to wipe the lipstick from all the kisses from his face.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger chrissie "told me"

Aww! I hope you get to meet your new cousin soon :)

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Cleavers "told me"

Happy happy birthday Chance Bradley! I bet he'll be spoilt rotten

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

It's always wonderful to hear of something so precious as a baby arriving, but doubly so after such an awful tragedy.

I can’t even read things like this without welling up at the thought, and your cousin is very brave as the heart can have the worst scars of all. I’m sure the love and joy this child will bring will help them all look forward.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger trishy "told me"

...yet we still look for evidence of God.

What an amazing story and congrats to your entire family. There is nothing more exciting than a new baby!

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

yay for new babies!

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger MarkD60 "told me"

Congrats!!

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

Congratulations, auntie! ...or cousin. um, auntie cousin.

Maggie just had her second baby, and his name is Chance too! It's a great story--they were *guaranteed* two or three times from the doctors that it was definitely a girl, but it wasn't sitting right with Mags, and then she gives birth and out pops a little boy! Mommies know.

(BTW, I like your weatherpixie! She looks like you.)

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Thanks for all your congrats, guys! I can't wait to see the little one.

Nanners--how funny about Mags! I was secretly hoping that Tammy would have a girl, but they were meant to have a boy, so they did! (and thanks about the Pixie comment, I was like "Is that arrogant, to have a pretty girl as my pixie?" But then I was like, no, she's cute! What? I'm rambling. Anyway, thank you.)

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Anna,
And Mo, I suppose,

Yo cuzzin mama = your aunt
Yo ant baby (yo mama sista baby) = your cousin
Yo cuzzin baby = your first cousin, once removed

Just so's you know. It gets kinda confusing, I know..

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

Well said, Sir Swanks, and thank you. No really, I giggled out loud. At work. And they said, Hey you, get back to work, and I said, Yo cuzzin mama get back to work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home