Saturday, November 19, 2005

In Memory

Sometimes I take for granted that the people I meet in the blogging world are real--not simply web robots generated to keep me entertained and off-task when I should be working. Because of that, when something very real occurs, you are thrown off kilter for a moment. You suddenly realize that the blog you so thoroughly enjoy reading belongs to a living, breathing person, who experiences everyday trials and tribulations just like you do. Sometimes, though, those trials are harder than others to live through.

Even though I don't know him very well, I couldn't help but cry for Mr. Hoss and his recent loss. It's times like these when I feel so helpless; there is so much I would like to do, but do not have the means by which to do them. So, in my attempt to offer support and sympathy, I am enlisting my humble blog to express my deepest sympathies and offer a kind and loving word to a most delightful and incredible person. I'd rather it be a hug, but you work with what you have.

So, many a heartfelt prayer goes out to you and your beloved, Mr. Hoss. I hope you'll forgive my posting about such a sensitive and personal topic. However, I have found such a strong support system by way of this blog in such a short time, that I really believe that it can provide comfort in even the darkest of hours.

The best to you and yours, and a great big bear hug all around.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 6:21 PM   4 GabbyGabbers

4 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Any friend of Mo is a friend of mine.

My thoughts and prayers as well, Mr Hoss.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

Psst, Moh...
Left you a comment on my blog with my email addresses. Just in case you didn't see them.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Curator "told me"

I just saw that, man that sux.

Cheers.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

MOH:



I completely understand what you mean by not realizing that people here in blogworld are real people with real lives, real fears, and real emotions. Sometimes I forget that myself. Sometimes I forget how real these people are, and like a Sim, need fairly constant attention if friendships and companionships are to be formed. “You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours” is now synonymous with “You visit my blog, I’ll visit yours”. Likewise, when we hear of a passing, auch as Mr. Hoss’s, it’s hard to accept it as fact and not as a really good story with a sad ending. Though, I have the same problem with the news: I hear of these fatalities in Iraq and other fatalities across the globe and it doesn’t resonate like it should that someone is actually wounded or dead.



I’m glad to have made a few online friends thus far. Hopefully, as time passes, we will think of each other in more friendly terms and have opportunities to talk and visit. I know Rob and I often speak of our new blogging buddies, even you Huwwy, with much

 

Post a Comment

<< Home