Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Gobble Gobble!


Oh, friends.

I know you’re asking yourself, “Is she going to do it? Is she REALLY going to post a cheesy ‘Here’s what I’m thankful for this Thanksgiving’ entry?” The answer, dear readers, is yes. But before you start to avoid the queasy feeling in your stomach by clicking “Next Blog”, let me explain why.

I have met many new people, great characters, in this here blog world, and surprisingly, several of them are not from around these American parts. Because no other country celebrates the stealing of valuable land from its native people by stuffing themselves with turkey and punkin pie, I feel that this post is not only for the sake of our American holiday, but will also serve as a general reminder of how blessed I am.

So, here’s what I’m thankful for (the abridged version):

A caring family that loves me and has never let me want for anything.
A beautiful sister that becomes more like a best friend every day.
A dog that has often been the only one to see me cry, and cuddle with me.
A job that not only meets my financial needs, but has also provided me with my best friends.
Consequently, a best girlfriend whom I thought I would never find and am so happy I did.
My faith, though shakier than ever this year (thanks for that whole “never abandoning you” thing, there, God)
Music and my iPod*—a staple in my life that has gotten me through many a tough time.
Finally being out of college and living the life of a real, bona fide adult.
Still feeling (and looking) like a kid.
The discovery of wine and Woodchuck Amber cider.
Throwing caution to the wind and doing what makes me happiest.
Despite my body trying to amputate its own toe, my health.
You, my loyal blog readers, for making me feel like what I have to say merits certain validity and bestowing upon me the support and encouragement I never knew I could have by way of this medium.

And finally…

My darling boyfriend who has made me happier than I ever thought I could be, and who makes me feel like the most beautiful and special girl in the world. Never could I have imagined there was someone so perfect out there for me (“out of my league” keeps ringing in the back of my mind). I am thankful for the time we will soon spend together, and the possibilities that lie within our future. I love him dearly; he is my comfort, my best friend, my laughter, my soulmate… my darling.

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends! To those of you who do not celebrate this holiday of feasting and sleeping, I’m still thankful for you, and every once in a while, it’s nice to know that you are very much appreciated.

And an unrealted sidenote: It makes no sense for a local radio station to play continuous Christmas music (a tradition they have, apparently starting the week before Thanskgiving) at this point in time. I have a hard time singing along to "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" when it's 80 degrees (approximately 26C for you Brits) outside.

* yes, I can be thankful for material items as well.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 10:06 AM   10 GabbyGabbers

10 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Who is this Dave? "told me"

Actually, most Brits I know prefer real temperatures. It's only our government and weather forecasters who insist on ºC.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Ahhh, Mo, you've really got this coming, you know?

I'm the only one left who hasn't made a list yet, so I've got to post one of these of my own now, and so as not to steal thunder form my Happy Swanksgiving post, I'm going to have to do it right here in YOUR blog, in front of everyone.

I am thankful:
-For George Killian Lett's Irish Red Lager
-For having a place to lay my little head without hearing "Woooooooooo!!!!" for no reason at 5 in the morning.
-For love, which some say makes the world go round. I looked into it, and acually gravity makes the world go round, but love is way cooler. Isn't life so much easier with it?
-For friends present and past, some recently so, for the time he had and the times yet to come.
- For the dancing banana. Peanut Butter Jelly Time indeed.
-For all the people who stick by me, even when I'm being a dick.
-Like Mo, I too will save the last mention for you, my Swankypals. It may sound weird, but I think of you guys as more than loyal readers. You're the people I interact with daily here in this lonely lab. You're friends, guys, and you've shown your worth for laughs when things are good, and for support when things weren't so good.

Enjoy your Tofurkey!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Hope you have a wonderful day :o)

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Lauren "told me"

End of December/early January sounds FAB! Let's plan on getting together and I'd LOVE to meet your darling boyfriend. He sounds like a catch, indeed. I'm excited for you!

Have fun with your fam, girl. Talk to you soon!!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Ahem?

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger chrissie "told me"

Happy Thanksgiving, Mo!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

Hey netters,

Just so's you know, we celebrated Turkey Day over here in Israel, invited 16 friends from various countries, and totally made them swear allegiance to America before they could fill their plates. Only one person was uncomfortable with the idea, but we still gave him a sammich.

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

Hi everyone.

One of my mate over here in Middlesbrough is trying to get pepole to take an online political test that determines where your political views lie in relation to communism/fascism/authoritarianism.

It's just a bit of fun so please don't take it too seriously. To find it just search www.google.com for political compass and use the top link.

It'd be good to know where you guys lie. I'll get my results and post them on my site.

cheers and happy thanksgiving!

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger MarkD60 "told me"

this year, I missed it. I didn't realize it was Thanksgiving till Friday!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger trishy "told me"

Sorry I missed out on this one. Thanksgiving was busy in Trishyland. Glad to be back to Swankytown.

Hope it was fantastic and have fun on your business trip!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home