Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Sickie but Happie


Bah. I'm sick. And it hurts. But I'm in a wonderful mood.
Working full-time definitely has it's advantages. The accumulation of sick days affords you the opportunity to call in whenever you're under the weather, as I did today. They also allow you the opportunity to spend that one extra day with a certain out-of-town visitor if you don't have enough personal and vacation days saved up. But I do, so we're good to go.

Because I was sick today, I got the chance to spend some quality time with my D. We had some wonderful conversations, laughed a great deal, and did a bit of December planning. He made me feel better than any medications I was prescribed.

I know I have to go back to work tomorrow, but I'm extremely thankful for the day I had today. Even if it was at the expense of my poor body.


Question: What's everyone doing for Halloween? And do you have any good costume suggestions for me?

Insignificance Conveyed @ 7:47 PM   7 GabbyGabbers

7 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

I have spent some time thinking about this, and taking into account you’re a pretty girl who likes weddings, it’s got to be Dracula’s (virgin?) bride. All the fun of a gown and a nice hair do, with the simplicity of two red mark pen dots. Of course I’m a boring Brit who doesn’t do Halloween and have no idea what’s expected, so you’ll have to forgive me if this theme is done to death ;o)

And I hope you’re feeling better today. We’re not, and I’ve had to shout STOP to the world.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

I'm unable to help you with a costume, Lanette, as I'm British and we're rubbish at that type of thing compared to you experts.

Do the rules (of Hallowe'en) specify that you have to dress to scare? If not, how about dressing as one of the
ghosts from Pac Man?

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Damn, that link didn't work. Try this one

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Debi--What a good suggestion! I haven't dressed up for Halloween in ages, and that seems simple enough, and I could find a really pretty, flowy dress to wear. Thank you so much. (P.S.--woke up today with a sore throat, the WORST pain about being sick. So I may join in with your hearty "STOP!!" today.)

Curly--You know, y'all do costumes right, what with all your "fancy dress parties" and whatnot. And no, you don't have to dress to scare...I *really* liked the Pac Man outfit, may have to try and find one of those. Thanks to you as well!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Huw "told me"

What will I be doing at Halloween? Laying elaborate traps for the little beggers who are planning to terrorise Tufnell Park Fort. Certainly something painful, but nothing which leaves a tell tale mark so as to alert potentially irate parents. Perhaps I will rig up the doorbell to sent a decent, but non-life threatening, volt of electricity down the arm of anyone who presses it.

I believe now would be an opportune moment to cackle.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger kate "told me"

I'm going to be the Morton Salt Girl (pending on if I can find some yellow shoes) and I'm trying to convince Adam to go as Kevin Federline.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

KF, eh? Not too hard of a costume to pull off if you have an ashy wifebeater, some ass pants, and shoes that are WAY too big for your feet and you refuse to tie.

Did you see that Family Guy? Where Peter says, "Man, this was worse than being Kevin Federline's magic mirror!"

Classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home