Tuesday, October 25, 2005

A SCREAM For Help!


Hello valued readers!

I know I've posted a lot in the last 24 or so hours (no thanks necessary), but I really need my readers' suggestions ASAP!

As some of you know, I had recently asked for any costume suggestions for this Halloween, as I am attending a costume party thrown by my cousin who, 2 years ago, donned a quite remarkable Aragorn costume complete with dyed jet black hair! Thank you to those who commented. But I am asking for more help!

The party is this Saturday, and seeing as how all of my creative juices have been extracted writing this here blog, I feel that it is only appropriate that you, the readers who are so priviledged as to read my deliciously fantastic stories, should now give back in the form of HALLOWEEN COSTUME IDEAS! Oh, and y'all are really funny too, and should have some smashing ideas.

I want to go as something funny, something of a pun (Nanners, please). But any suggestions otherwise are welcome. Okay, let the ideas roooooll in. Thankin' ya muchly!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 12:46 PM   14 GabbyGabbers

14 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 1:37 PM, Blogger Cleavers "told me"

I'm going as Little Red Riding Hood (good excuse for being cutesy, plus pretty simple to put together) but I was originally going to go as Oscar the Grouch - buy a dustbin, cut out the bottom, attach braces of some description so you can wear it, arm holes, green polo neck jumper, green face paint. Job's a good'un. Plus, easy to sneak booze and/or sweets around in that huge dustbin.

Can see it being difficult to go to the loo though.....

And not sure where the pun is.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger trishy "told me"

Ok I totally intended to give you ideas, and then I said to myself, "Trishy, you're not funny" so I'm opting for a story instead. I will trust that our funny friends will respond with much better ideas than I...

So, when I was like 8, I was a scarecrow. My parents put me in overalls and a plaid shirt, stuffed me with really itchy hay, and put a broom stick behind my neck with my arms draped over it. So basically, I couldn't fit through any of the doorways with my arms outstretched like that, and to get candy from people, I had to turn sideways, since my little pumpkin with a handle thing was in my hand at the end of the broom. They must have REALLY loved me!

Perhaps you've at least had a laugh at my expense.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Cleavers--Thanks, Oscar the Grouch is actually a really good idea, especially in my time crunch.

Trishy--What a funny story. I got a kick out of picturing you awkwardly trying to reach for your candy rewards. Thanks for that!

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Wrap yourself up in Bubble-Wrap, it works a treat and no-one else will wearing the same thing.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

I don't have any ideas either. Just a story.

When I was 6, my brother was 8 and my sister was 3. Me and my brother went as monsters, vampires, generic halloween things of some sort. My mom bought my sister a cute little bunny suit for her costume.

But when she saw what her brothers were wearing, she threw a fit. Why? Because we got to wear fangs! And fake blood! And all she had was a stupid bunny costume. "I want fangs and fake blood!" she screamed.

So, my mom get her fangs and fake blood. You know, to wear with her bunny suit. And she did. She went out as the bunny with fangs and fake blood. My mom told the neightbors that she was the killer rabbit from the Monty Python movie.

I suppose you could do that. Except it's hard to find bunny suits in adult sizes. Maybe you could go as a Playboy bunny... satin cami, fishnets, bowtie, and of course the ears... but with fangs and fake blood.

The pun of course comes from the double meaning of the word bunny. Yeah, not really.



(The word I had to verify for this comment was oxbmawf. I'm sure there's a NASCAR fan out there somewhere named Ox B. Mawf)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Curly--But then everyone will be popping me, and I don't know if I could handle that.

Rob--Hmm...I like the idea because everyone at the party will actually know what I'm talking about if I tell them I'm the bunny from Monty Python. Finding the costume will indeed prove a daunting task...

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

That's half the fun! It's a great way to make friends!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Mizzo,

One more girl I've convinced to wear lingerie in public. I am nefarious!

Hey, I've been thinking... once you get this costume bidness settled, I think I might have a deal for you regarding your councilwoman campaign...

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Swankertons--check your blog. Nar.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Huw "told me"

I have just arrived home to discover that it has seemingly been 'decided' by my flatmates that I am attending a Halloween party this weekend as an adult infantilist (what's the fetishist's word of choice for this anyone?), and the majority vote rules. Apparently this is my own fault because, as well you know my dearest Beloved, I have recently adopted a clean-shaven short haired look, which has led to all round "you look so young" type gasps. As ever I look on the bright side and figure that, should I find some XXL Diapers (which, if Soho is all it's cracked up to be shouldn't be a problem), I won't waste any partying time having to queue for the lavatory.

Hmmm. None of this actually is of help to you. Nonetheless I thought I would write this essay. You loves it.

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger kate "told me"

Help to the rescue! I love to host costume parties for my own personal gain (ideas for next year's costumes!) So here are some really cute ones I've seen over the years:

Tinkerbell
Drunk Angry Guy
Marlboro Man
Alf and Cat (this is a good duo costume)
A formal Apology (wear a black dress and pearls and a sign that says "I'm Sorry" - this is a HIT)
Calvin and Hobbes
Geisha
Wednesday Adams

And then once I saw these two guys wearing decade-old suits and neck braces and drinking their beers out of straws. I don't know what they were, but man, funny.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger chrissie "told me"

I'm a little late, but here are some easy (and cheesy) ideas:

Wear a white trash bag = white trash
Draw a line down your face = crack head

One I have done before is a supermodel. Wear something really over the top dressy, carry around a bottle of water, and use eyeliner to do really dark eye makeup. Bonus: use the eyeliner to draw track marks on your arms.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Thank you to all of your suggestions!! Many will be considered!

I had a friend give me a good one the other day. Basically, you dress in a hospital gown, get some gauze wrapped around your head with fake blood on it, carry around a jar with water and cauliflower in it with the words "BRAIN DONOR" written on masking tape. Easy, funny, cheap.

You guys are great!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Simon Swinbank "told me"

A bit late but for next year what your mom should maybe do is dye the bunny outfit blue and go as Frank from Donnie Darko.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home