Saturday, October 22, 2005

Ranting at 4AM

It's 4 in the morning here in the great state of Texas. So why am I still up? Glad you asked (by way of me...asking myself...for you...whatever, go with it).

Well, amongst having a pretty down week, I decided that tonight would be a stay-in night, as I'm still not up to par in my wellness, and frankly, I haven't gotten a night in by myself in a while! What did I decided to do then, to pass the time away? I finished off Season 1 and 2 of
The Office (the BBC version).

I couldn't be more upset. Seriously.

I won't talk about it because I'm sure there are people like me out there, who, after watching the American version think to themselves "I want to see where this originated!" and I don't want to spoil anything. I will say that, although many of the plotlines and siutations are similar, the American version and British version vary in several ways.

I have fallen in (t.v.) love with
Jim, the American counterpart of Tim from the BBC version. Actually, I may have a bit more of a soft spot for Tim. He's quiet, but knows how to use his clever sense of humor, dry wit, and practical jokes at just the perfect time. He's loving in the most gentle way. Jim is the same way, although they mask his romantic feelings for Pam a bit more in the American version (I think).

Anyway, I am ending my night after having a good cry because of this show. And now I'm left with a very empty feeling because I KNOW there are no more episodes for me to watch. I'm STUCK knowing how it ended. And I'm *not* happy. I may write a strongly-worded letter.

And what's more...what do I do when Season 3 begins??? I'm already panicking.

I had to watch the DVDs with English subtitles. I would normally see this as a sad, sad confession, but c'mon! No one could understand Finch! ...Yes, yes, I know...I'd never get along in the UK very well. I'm coming to grips with this.

So, that's all I've got kiddies. Sorry to disappoint. But *I* was disappointed tonight, so I believe I'm projecting here. Time for bed.

P.S. to Nic--I know you're mad at me for doing this, but trust me, I'll want to watch them again.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 2:04 AM   9 GabbyGabbers

9 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 3:44 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

I couldn’t understand my BH when I met him (broad Glaswegian), but listen enough, and the accent goes away :o) Except if you’re like my mother, who still needs me to translate ;o)

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Well, there's still the Christmas final two parter they did (available on amazon.com called The Office Special). Maybe that willl leave you with a more satisfying conclusion...

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger anna "told me"

GIRL.

You are on an anna roll. You could not WRITE about something that would make me respond any quicker! The Office BBC, short though it was, was my television salvation during the end of my college years. I would wait all week for the next episode. Then Tuesdays, make me some fettucine alfredo and run to the tube to hear "handrags and the gladrags that your grandad had to sweat for you to buy" and watch the latest misfortunes of one pitch-perfect and pathetic David Brent. I don't want to speak too soon, I mean, you gotta give "My Favorites" lists time to incubate over the years, but I'm pretty positive this show has kicked the Simpsons AND Seinfeld out of #1.

[I can't get the image of Finchy with the red nose doing the pig impersonation: "Squeal piggy!" Oh my gosh, he grossed me out so much! What were your fave parts of the Brit version?]

I concur with one Mr. Huw. Hast thou not heard of the heart bandage that is The Christmas Special?

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Amendment--I have now seen the Christmas Special and have decided that a strongly worded letter to the BBC will no longer be necessary.

Thank you.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Nanners, you KNOW my favorite part. A certain...scene...in the Special involving my Tim and a fellow (past) co-worker...

Other than that, there are SO many, I could never choose! We'll have to watch them again when you get back, and I'll point some out then.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Trouble "told me"

Hello Me over here, I just clicked in from the "blogger soon to be known as the blogger formerly known as debi's blog" because I noticed that your avatar was very beautiful in that superficial way that I really like... I just wanted to see if you had any other qualities... You do...

And don't worry... I'm not "*you know who you are" and I live very far away from you...

Bye for the moment...

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

On a so-close-and-yet-so-far not:
I've just recently started watching the Sopranos on DVD, I borriwed them from my friend, and I'd never seen them before.

It's a strange story. Sort of the "sad clown" perspective. the "sad mobster" tale. I'm halfway through season 1, but I know thios can't end well. I'm sure that when it's over I'll resolve to just stick to Futurama from now on.

(*awkward silence*)

Um.. I'll show myself out.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger mr. tomas ubik "told me"

i found your blog through curly's....and i have to say, if thats you in the picture you are incredibly stunning.....its a word you dont use often i know, and its meant nothing more as a comment, but you are by far the only thing that this critical canadian has ever found intriguing about texas.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Hellooooo Trouble--Thanks for dropping in, I am very fond of Jona, and any friend of hers is a friend of mine.

Mr. Rob--Never seen Sopranos, but I think I might enjoy it. I love anything that takes me into another little fantasy world. And I was more of a Simpsons fan than Futurama (although nothing beats Family Guy!)

And Eano--Thank you so much. Always nice to get a compliment every now and again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home