Friday, October 07, 2005

I'm Eating My Words!

Mmmkay.

So I thought I wanted colder weather. I mean, it was October 5th for Heaven's sake, and we were at 90 degrees still! But all I wanted was a bit of a chill in the air. Not a complete 180 to Winter. But alas, we have no Fall or Autumn here in the Lone Star State...just mild and spicy hot. Today, however, marks the first day of me not blasting the air conditioning in my apartment or sweating on my way home from work, and the first day I rummaged around in my closet for something long-sleeved. You know what this means, though, don't you? Colder air = Darling Visit Time getting closer!

Things have just been off the wall crazy. I spoke too soon about no longer being the Data Entry Girl, as that's ALL I did today, from 8:30 to 4:30 helping out on an asthma intervention project. Because of 8 solid hours of nothing but Excel and really poor handwriting, I had a massive headache that only increased in strength when I couldn't find my car in the parking garage (does anyone else get SUPER confused by those things...levels and whatnot?). All I wanted to do was come home and relax, talk to my Darling, watch some t.v....unfortunately, this was not going to happen for 2 reasons:

1.) My friend Ximena has recently gotten engaged but failed to tell anyone at work because her fiance does not have her ring yet. As I found this out today, she also informed me that they were going out to dinner with her parents so her fiance could tell her father (yes...weird for 2 reasons. A.) Shouldn't he have asked first and B.) Shouldn't he STILL ask and not TELL the dad? Like my sub-categories?). She asked me to go over and do her hair, which, how could I say no on an important day like this? So, despite my utmost unwant to go anywhere, I pulled off the job rather nicely. I can always rely on being a hair stylist.

2.) Nic's brother was in town. She convinced him to come here after his attempts to nurse a broken heart had failed. There's nothing like a bit 'o Nic and Laney to get him back on his feet. He's a good, funny kid, he'll be back in no time. So we had dinner. After that, I bought 3 DVDs for $20. I seriously think I have a DVD purchasing obsession.

So, after a very long day, I have finally come home to relax in my bed and catch up on shows I've taped throughout the week. Some idiot scheduled a brunch tomorrow at
Madhatter's Tea House and Cafe at 10:30AM...on a Saturday? Who could have...oh wait, it was ME! But, who's going to deny Disappearing Bennies?

The rest of my weekend will consist of a visit to the parents, playing with Noie, time with my D, and catching up on sleep! I thought I was supposed to be this busy when I was 18 and still had the stamina for it!

For your viewing pleasure*, here are more pictures my Darling took for me today when he was...ahem...
out and about. Enjoy!


Isn't this just beautiful? Even on a dreary day, it's still the place I most want to be right now.






And here's the London Eye. This is one of the places I'm most looking foward to visiting with D. You just don't really see anything like that here. Or maybe I just don't get out much.




A view behind Waterloo Bridge: apparently, that's the dome of St. Paul's, and you can just see, in the distance, the reason why that there building is nicknamed "The Erotic Gherkin" by Londoners.





This photo was taken from the south bank of the Thames. Or so I'm told. Big Ben is in the background. I love how it all looks so majestic. The buildings there look marvelous. Someday I shall see for myself.







*Special thanks to my D for sending these lovely snapshots!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 10:14 PM   2 GabbyGabbers

2 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Jona "told me"

I think that chap ought to have asked for the father’s permission first too, but I guess it opens the possibility that he may say no ;o)

And if you don’t like the cold, you definitely don’t want to be in the UK at the moment! (Or for the next seven months)

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Hiya Debi!

Yeah, I may very well freeze to death if I was there during y'all's Winter. A Texas girl like me and a Winter like yours...well, I'm afraid I wouldn't put up much of a fight in that losing battle.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home