Sunday, October 30, 2005

Happy Tummy-Ache-Check-the-Candy-for-Razors Day!

Do y'all remember when you were little tykes and those news reports were going out about how people would bury razor blades in the chewy candies for little innocent children to find? Right. Our extent of "monitoring" our candy was pouring it out, giving it a good one-handed sweep, and yelling to our parents, "Canweeatitnow, canweeatitnow" followed by 2 days of "I...wish...I...hadn't...eaten...that...candy."
Not too much to report. Friday I had a very wonderful date with a dashing young man. Saturday night was host to a fun Halloween party (PIC-tures!), and today saw me giving my poor car a much needed mini-bath and vacuum whilst sicking Noie on a garden frog (PETA people relax; no frogs were harmed in the making of this day).

Oh, and today I received a delicious (no, really!) package from Darling in the mail!! Came complete with Brit candy (gummies and chocolate), 3 compilation CDs of my dearest's favorite tracks, and a letter just for me. I've devoured the gummies, ate 3/4 of the chocolate bar with orange chips (American chocolate is pitiful in comparison), and have already developed some of my favorites among the 3 CDs.

Now, I'm not going to turn this into a "My Boyfriend's Better than Yours and Here's Why" kinda blog, but I do think that every now and again, I have to publicly swank about my Swanky (old LJ reference, sorry Rob, he had the name before I knew you!), and today's boasting stems from how well my Darling listens to me.

Much of the time, what I say is not very important. It is an endless string of mumblings, ramblings, and Lanette-speak that many people sift through and eventually find what I was meaning to convey. You have to mine through the rocks to get to the gold, right? Darling, however, seems to equally value the rocks and the gold, which provides me one more facet of him to love.

EXAMPLE: I bitch and moan, day and night, about driving and traffic and how I'm the GOOD driver and everyone else is crap and should have their licences revoked. Does darling interject a generic feel-good line into my pontificating? No. Instead, he creates me a 19 track CD filled with songs that he felt would at least provide me some entertainment (and not feed my rage) when I'm bounding about the city, knuckles white for the death grip I have on the steering wheel.

He sent me candy. As if that weren't enough, he sent me FOREIGN candy. And still yet, he sent me 2 meaningful candies (yes, candies can be meaningful. How? you ask? Read on, says I.)

He sent me gummies: "Maynards Wine Pastilles" to be specific. He knows I love gummie candies. I thought guys didn't pay attention to that sort of stuff. Evidently, this one does. And he sent me delicious, creamy milk chocolate. I know why he sent this to me. MY reason is: he knows how much I love to hear him utter the word "chocolate". Not only was it good, but I got the word "chocolate" repeated by him several times tonight, resulting in a happy-clapping and squealing me.

I've never really known how my darling feels about me posting about him in such a fashion. I know how he feels about HIS blog. Mine, for me, has to be an account of all things (in)significant. And he, dear readers, means the world to me. And I wish to share that with you, for this post at least. So Darling, forgive me if I've offended, but you've meant so much to me.

Bring on the FUN, you say? Dear me, it IS that time. Party Time!!! Below are pictures from Le Parte. Feast your eyes on the fear that was Hallowscream 2005!!!

************************************************************************************

The Witch, The Post-LaFawnDuh Kip Dynamite, The Brain Donor. Behold


Preparing the 'staches with eye liner. My Sissy rocks. Everyone kept asking, "are those REAL?"


The doorbell rang, and we opened the door to the Seventies. We did a little dance. Made a little love. Basically, we got down tonight.


We grow 'em REEEEEAAAAL purty here in Texas. YeeHaw.


Post LaFawnDuh K-Tizzle, and Pre LaFawnDuh Kip Dipstick -o- Dynamite

Ever heard that song: "Coal Miner's Wife"? Me either. Ever seen Leaving Las Vegas? Me either.


We laugh in the face of danger at our parties. Sure, a huge ass lighter flame could use that oil there on cousin's coal-minin' getup to ignite this party ("the roof, the roof, the roof is on FIRE"), but we live on the edge. It's Halloween!


We were simply discussing what was on my mind. Literally.


If looks could kill...

I had ...half a mind... to play pool!

After I found my game, I lost my gauze. Smiling just doesn't look right, does it? I have a pretty sissy!

BEHOLD: The vicious Noie doth attack her beloved Bear. Sometimes good can turn into pure Evil.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! The scariest monster of all! Lanette, having just woken up, and spied upon by her evil mother, who showed no mercy by snapping this picture whilst the monster was still in her lair! Run, chidren, run!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!!

Insignificance Conveyed @ 9:12 PM   15 GabbyGabbers

15 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 2:20 AM, Blogger Curly "told me"

Looks like an amazing party - those costumes are superb! You can see what I meant when I said that Americans are so much better at that tpe of thing.

And that dog looks bloody scary.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Cleavers "told me"

I love the Brain Donor costume. Going to file that one away for use in the future. Also appropriate as an ex got me into the habit of referring to people as donors if they were doing something particularly stoopid. Not many people understood it. He was weird.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

How come you didn't go in costume in the end?

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

No need to apologize to me, Mo. For ne'er shall it be said that the Gentle Mayor did deny entrance to any Worthy Man.

My take on on the driver's license situation is as such: Qualification simply needs to be stricter, and there needs to be more of them. I'd like to suggest that we start by having everyone who wants a license obtain written permission from Rob West. Mr. West would naturally be permitted to ask any question he feels necessary. For example, "Do you now or do you ever intend to drive a Hummer?". An incorrect response ("Yes.") would automatically disqualify from driving eligibility.

lAstly I think it's sad that we, as a nation, prefer milk chocolate to dark chocolate. It just seems so backward. Bass-ackward, even.

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

Uh oh, don't go starting the whole dark vs. milk debate: it's a neverending to-ing and fro-ing between to diametrically opposed camps, neither of whom will ever concede ground. So let's not go there.




(But you are right. Dark is best! *taps nose and winks* Shsssh!)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Curly--If you choose to visit Tejas, perhaps next Halloween, and we can get you a might good costume. And my doggie is normally very cute and poofy.

Cleavers--Exs are just weird in general. Feel free to use the brain donor costume whenever you need. Until I trademark it. Then I'll require a fee.

Swankertons--Yay on the driver's licenses issue, but neigh to dark chocolate. In addition...

Huw--...you are right. It's a battle that will never be won by either side. Although, we all know the outcome of classic archetypes: Good (light) vs. Evil (dark); we always win in the end.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Oh, and Huw...I completely misread your earlier comment and NOW it makes total sense to me. Isn't that just like me?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

Oh, Mo...

There's no rationale whatsoever behind the idea that whether or not I'm right has anything to do with whether or not I convince *you*!
;-p

Huw has the right idea though. Swanky indeed, sir!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

I used to hate dark chocolate until, oh, 2 months ago and now it's the only chocolate I care to eat. However, to each his own - or her own...whatever. Having enjoyed milk chocolate for so long, it's hard to be even close to biased! 'Tis great to be a shiny chocoholic!

FACT: Recent studies have shown that cocoa or dark chocolate has potent health benefits for people. Dark chocolate is full of the flavonoids epicatechin and gallic acid, which are antioxidants that help protect blood vessels, promote cardiac health, and prevent cancer. It also has been effectively demonstrated to counteract mild hypertension. In fact, dark chocolate has more flavonoids than any other antioxidant-rich food such as red wine, green and black tea, and blueberries. There has even been a fad diet named "Chocolate diet" that emphasises eating chocolate & cocoa powder in capsules. However, consuming milk chocolate or white chocolate, or drinking milk with dark chocolate appears to largely negate the health benefits.(wikipedia.com)

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Huw "told me"

*Whispers Naughtily* Ah, the first mention of White Chocolate... Pandora's Box could await...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

White chocolate.
My
Favorite.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Chris "told me"

White chocolate pecans.
Now you're talkin', sistah!

Anybody got a napkin? I think I just drooled at the thought...

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger AnonymousCoworker "told me"

Lanette, if you want to borrow that thing I did on my blog, you can go right ahead!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger mr. tomas ubik "told me"

thats an awesome costume....canadian girls just try and tramp it up in beautiful hoochie wear. Not that its a terrible thing, but its nice to see a girl with some creative flare for the cooky and creepy.

the brain in the jar is what sold it.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Hey thanks! I notice more and more that "Halloween" has become synonymous for "I'm gonna dress up REAL slutty like because, hey look, I have an EXCUSE to", especially amongst college girls. Makes me sick, really. So, compliments on the creativity are welcome and appreciated!

(Although I saw a rather cute bunny number that I might get for next year! MOSTLY kidding!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home