Monday, October 17, 2005

Excuse Me...Need to do Some Back Patting

I just changed the format of my blog...ALL BY MYSELF!! Who's proud of me? C'mon, who's proud?

Added me some links and threw a few of y'all on my sidebars as well (hope you're not minding).

And I did this all on a sleepy pill (my body decided to go ahead and break on me, so I'm not sleeping well tonight without it).

Sidenote: As Darling pointed out before, the fantastic thing about BlogPatrol is that you can see everyone who visits your blog on a daily (hell, hourly) basis, in addition to how many times on those particular days these people frequent your blog. Just thought I would throw this friendly reminder and kindly ask that YOU* stop reading.

*YOU know who you are.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 10:46 PM   9 GabbyGabbers

9 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 1:43 AM, Anonymous jimmy "told me"

i'm assuming this is directed at me. for your ego, i will respond.

and to huw... whatever she made me sound like... you can believe what you want. i'm sure she made me sound like some psycho/immature person, and you can believe that if you want (as if she's not going to delete this anyways)... but that isn't true. she may feel that... but she, as she always has, once she gets her mind on something, believes it. i do read your blog, huw, because i find you a clever writer, and, quite honestly, get a good chuckle out of your writing style and adventures in life, as i always have since stumbling across your journal whilst in mexico. i read this blog because i enjoy reading up on lanette's life, because she was important to me for a while and i really do wish her the best (insanity excluded, of course). the fact that she's still making these comments to me may say something... but, then again, who am i to judge based on a comment that will just be deleted anyway. it will still be visible as a "deleted comment," so maybe you'll see it.

and to lanette: good luck. if it takes you meeting somebody 2000 miles away to find your "happiness," so be it. i do like this guy, so i wish you the best of luck... you'll need it. just beware of setting too high of expectations, because expectations can hinder immensely.

oh... and if you REALLY don't want somebody to find your blog (do you realize i never even read your old one?), don't post it in your brit's blog, becaues i DO read his. and... why does it really bother you anyway? hmmmmm? or, just make it friends only. it's not that tough. so quit being so freaking weird and get on with your life already.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Jona "told me"

Well done for changing your template! Give it a few weeks and I bet you'll be messing with the colours and pictures too (it's addictive ;o))

And thanks for linking to me! You're now in mine too :o)

Checking who's reading is fun (if you're as nosey as me - and it seems most are) but if you've got unwanted visitors, there is a way of blocking their IP address, not entirely sure how off the top of my head, but I can find out if you'd like.

 
At 4:51 AM, Anonymous swan "told me"

"waht a hom"

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Huw "told me"

I would say that this isn't a matter of ego or a case of someone being misrepresented. Nor is it necessary for things to descend into a slanging match.

All it boils down to is the simple fact that if someone keeps an online journal or somesuch, if they haven't told you about it and you have reason to suspect they wouldn't want you reading it, common decency suggests you shouldn't.

No?

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Jim--Thank you for proving my point, and hopefully now, you'll leave me alone for good. Although, technically, you shouldn't be reading this, should you?

Debi--Honored to be on your site and the formatting is addictive! And I shouldn't (after this) have any unwanted visitors, but if I see I still do, then I may ask for your help with that IP blocking thing. Thanks!

Mr. Swan--Glad to see you've stopped by. And what a first comment it was! Thanks for the laugh!

Huw--You always know just what to say and do. I couldn't agree with you more.

General Note to Readers--Apologies for having to bear witness to a clear demonstration of case in point. Hopefully, normal service will now resume.

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous swan "told me"

Swan reporting in again. head in hands over the schoolboy spelling of "waht" on my first comment arrival. Basically, I was disturbed by this fit girl off my course midcommenting and panicked not wanting her to suspect me as a internet saboteur of some description, and hit post. the shame!

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Cleavers "told me"

Ooh, I feel very voyeuristic.

I love it!

I like you. I've already linked Huw. I'll link you too.

One big happy family

(Lets throw things at Jimmy....I have one of those in my past too)

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

Well Hello, Cleavers!!

Welcome, friend, and I shall link you as well!

P.S. your activity sounds like a rather enjoyable past-time!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Huw "told me"

-pauses mid-throw-

You were wise to do so.

-resumes throwing-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home