Sunday, October 02, 2005

Blog Virgin No Longer

Yes, well.

I have recently been turned on to this World of Blogging (WOB, if you will), and have decided that, no, my current LiveJournal just ISN'T as exciting. Ex-Boyfriend turned me onto LiveJounal, as he had one, so I figure that's reason enough to get rid of it.

I just love to see how people that you've never even known existed can comment on these words that you write. Call me crazy, but I *like* knowing what other people have to say about my sometime dramatic, oftentimes boring, and yet completely fulfilling life.

So, goodbye LiveJournal and hello Mr. Blog! I can't promise a novella fit for Lifetime Television, but I CAN promise the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (Or so help me....!)

Some Blog Resolutions (ahem):
  • No more boring "this is what I'm going to do today, hour by hour" posts. No, that just won't do.
  • A bit of mystery now and again.
  • Cut down on the freaking marathon posts I manage to spit out (although, it's not my fault. It's COLLEGE's fault for turning me into the world's best bullshitter)
  • Make more Blogger friends (so please, feel free to post)

That being said, I shall tell you a bit about myself (a bit "first date"esque, no?). My name...well, it starts with an "L" and is not too often heard. I hail from Texas (has often been referred to as "The United States of Texas", I guess to hint at our pride for our state. I'm not *that* bad, I just love it here. Sue me.). I graduated from Graduate School and obtained my Master's Degree in Community Counseling, with the hopes of one day finishing out my plans of becoming an LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor). I had to leave my Safe College Bubble, however, when all that was left for me was a PhD, so now you'll find me at my job at our university's Health Science Center (where I've been for nearly 3 years, but always part-time). I thoroughly enjoy going to work for 8 hours, then being FREE for the rest of my day and weekends. No tests, not papers, no projects, no groups with slacking members to pull weight for...just ME time.

Well, ME and my boyfriend time. Yes, I suppose I technically have one (I call him my boyfriend, "Darling" to you anyway). We "met" in an unorthodox manner, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He may make an appearance or two on here.

I have finally, FINALLY proved my independence from the Safety Umbrella I call my parents, and am living on my own in a very quaint apartment. Every sound makes me jump. But...I'm...IndePENdent...so I live with it.

I have only recently found my best friends (they LIE about the fact that you "make your best friends in college". No you don't. Not if you go to a "commuter" college and bury yourself in an unappreciative boyfriend for the majority of your Undergraduate career. Blah.). I find myself actually BUSY and longing for some alone time, which is weird coming from the girl who used to dread weekends because it meant finding out just how alone she was.

Three of my best friends no longer live within walking distance of my home. (I hope he doesn't mind me being a copy cat, but I'm going to steal Boyfriend's idea and give names to all my friends. It's more fun that way. I used to *hate* when people would copy me, though...). So, The Example is currently serving God in Israel, and proving her couraged (sponsered by Mr. Almighty) by stepping on buses that take her to terroritst checkpoints and whatnot. The Actress is currently in Washington, D.C., living a life I have always dreamed of. The Vet is currently following her dream of becoming a veterinarian all the way to St. Kitts in the Caribbean.

So, that's me in a nutshell (cue Austin Powers quote here). Hope y'all enjoy. I know *I* will.

To put a face with a (blog) name, here's me. I'm narcissistic that way.

Insignificance Conveyed @ 9:11 AM   4 GabbyGabbers

4 "Sure was sweet of you to drop in":

At 9:56 AM, Blogger mell ditangco (this is my pseudonym) "told me"

boy, not even a week old and you are already getting spam.

nice to meet ya!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Me Over Here "told me"

And you as well, thanks for stopping by!

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger anna "told me"

Hey, The Example here, and I just wanted to tell you kids that "I'll always be your neighbor, won't you be mine? Please won't you be? Wont. you be? my neighbor."

Dude, my blog's been up for awhile, and I've only gotten one spam the entire time! I think it's because you put "virgin" in your subject line. Tsk tsk. The Example has something to say about that, but she supposes this time silent, subtly disapproving thought waves (... .... ....) might be our best course of discipline.

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Rob West "told me"

First person I've ever met (can you call it that? Because we haven't) who also thought college sucked.

But "world's best bullshitter"?

I'll wrestle you for the title.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home